To be clear

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
flick40
Major General
Major General

To be clear

Post by flick40 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:47 pm

First game and some questions.

Infantry cannot reinforce an ongoing melee against horse? (unless tribal) No matter the direction the infantry attempt to make contact. (flank/rear) Found it, Infantry can never charge cavalry no matter what.

Cavalry who attempt to reign-in a charge and pass move how far before they stop? (we played 2 D6)
Their NORMAL move distance and are therefore NOT disordered

Cavalry who fail pursuit check, ie must pursue, do they follow the routed unit or is it treated as a breakthrough and they can contact another unit in range of their pursuit move? Found my answer, can contact the fresh unit fighting a melee the next turn

Infantry charged by infantry who do not counter charge, but fire on the charge, win the melee. The charger is pushed back, does the winner have to follow up the push back or can they stay where they are? (They were not defending a linear obstacle.) Found it, infantry always follow-up a pushback. I would agree unless defending a linear obstacle such as in a redoubt

Do infantry if in a charge receive casualties from the target infantry unit do they then need to test again to charge home, like cavalry do?

Cavalry after a melee pursue but do not make contact with routed unit. They then become disordered and must form 1 turn before attempting another charge, correct? Found it, Yes they do

A observation, being elite has no bearing on combat, just their possible ability to hang in there longer than say raw troopers. In our game my elite cavalry lost every combat against raw troops. Granted it took an additional turn or two to do it. I rolled poorly and he had extra troopers to join the melee, where as I did not. In the end it was a bad day for me.

We enjoyed the game, liked how the turns moved along at a good pace. Only our newness to the rules slowed things down. The cavalry morale was clean and simple, but inconsistent with morale in general. ie 6 good for infantry, bad for cavalry and no modifiers for cavalry yet infantry a full chart. I didn't have a problem with the rules and one player said "they didn't suck". :) A victory in itself as he is a rules writer as well. So we shall be playing them again soon.

Joe
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:15 pm

Joe,

glad to hear they don't SUCK :lol:

I added another answer in red above. Think everytonhg is covered.. if I missed anything pls SHOUT :D
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
flick40
Major General
Major General

Post by flick40 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:18 pm

Just this one missed of my original questions

Do infantry charging infantry who receive shooting casualties from the target unit do they then need to test again to charge home, like cavalry do?