HISTORICON

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:15 pm

I think we will be using the draft version of the second edition rules (I made mock 2nd edition play sheets to run the game), but I'll have some 1st edition books on hand so people unfamiliar with our products can see what to expect with the new edition.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:17 pm

Just a wee update on this thread. We played the Battle of the Boyne |(Oldbridge) at HISTORICON 3 times during the convention using BLB2. The game was full every time (9-10 players) and the results were slightly different in each game depending on who the players were. The response to the game was outstanding.
The game picked up an awarded for Best Themed Event of Historicon as the convention theme was 'From Pike to Shot 1600-1699'.
Clarence will probably post something on the Renaissance section of TMP.
But for our crew on Fighting Talk.. here's the buzz..

1. BLB2 looks like running to a 100 page count
2. It will assume a layout look more akin to Republic to Empire but the mechanisms are basically the same as before with modifications to particular areas: Order definition, Close Combat, Morale
3. It will be out in the September-October band of 2010. Graphic work has now started.
4. A complimentary 28mm figure range will be out coincidental with the release. It will have extensive code references and a few pics will appear here soon.
5. A scenario book for the Jacobite Wars 1689-92 is also due for publication in 2010.

The 2 talks I presented at Historicon stimulated more interest in the period and those who attended will, as promised, receive a pdf version of all the data when I get it edited..
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Churchill
General
General

BLB2

Post by Churchill » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:28 pm

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the buzz, it sounds as if you've been a right busy bee......
Glad things are running well with BLB2, somehow with the interest that is growing I don't think I'll be at the front of the queue for buying a copy as I was with BLB1.It's also great to hear the layout will be in line with R2E, if you need photo's of Marlborough's british regiments for the WSS we could arrange a photo shoot at Claymore.
It's also good to hear of the response and interest you received from over the pond.
What a ambassador you are for not only "The League of Augsburg", but for wargaming in general.
Well done that man. :wink:

Kind Regards........Ray.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:08 pm

:oops:

Ray,

you made me blush

Henry Ford
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:06 pm

Barry, you gave THREE talks... I know it must still be a blur - busiest 'vacation' I've ever been on!
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:39 am

First of three posts on the Battle of the Boyne is now up on my blog...

http://quindiastudios.blogspot.com/
Sharpshooter

Post by Sharpshooter » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:22 pm

I played in the Sunday morning game. My first game of ULB. It was very easy to jump in and play after my experience playing R2E on Friday. I was the French commander in a very enjoyable game with the Jacobites prevailing. Thanks to Barry and Clarence for a very good time.
Curt D.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:50 pm

Thanks for the last two updates of the Saturday and Sunday games Clarence, you and Barry seem to have made a great job of the whole convention. Hopefully the R2E game Barry and myself are putting on at Claymore will be as successful and if any guys on the forum are in Edinburgh on the 7th August then pop along and say hi and try out the rules. You can find details of the show at the club site http://seswc.co.uk/

Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:33 pm

Good shout Dave! totally agree... if anyone wants to come along and check a few dice at our table please feel free..

Looking forward to it myself.. going stir crazy here with no toys to push around :shock:

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:24 am

I though you might come back inspired to do a Carthagenian army?

Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:05 pm

I am walking around thinking I and the reincarnation of Geroge C. Scott being the reincarnation of Hannibal (Lecter) :twisted:

Henry Ford