Danish Regiment

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
vetdoc1944

Danish Regiment

Post by vetdoc1944 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:31 am

Hello Barry. I met you at this years historicon. I was the one who bought a Copy of Beneath The Lily Banners from Clarence during the Boyne Game. You had a regiment of Danish Guards on the extreme left of William's army. The unit was pained in a brownish yellow color. I would like to paint a unit for my army. Would you please describe the exact color to me. Thank you very much, Dennis Morley(Reseda, Ca)
Dennis Morley
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:13 pm

Hey Dennis! I remember you.. welcome!

The unit are;
Garden til Fods (Footguards)

Their uniform was a straw yellow colour faced in red with red stockings and breeches.

I have seen the unit painted in bright yellow with scarlet facings but I think this is too gaudy.

I Used a colour from Vallejo called German Camouflage Orange into which I mixed some bright yellow. I actually painted this unit quite quickly so normally would have highlighted the colour but in this case I simply brushed on the Army Painter 'mid' shade and then painted them in acrylic matt varnish. The highlight would have brought them up just right.

They were a very good unit and performed creditably throughout the period. The Danes are a cracking force to do.. very utilitarian.
They can fight with the Army in Flanders, in Ireland and also fight the Swedes in the GREAT NORTHERN WAR.

Happy painting :D
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford