Any News on BtLB V2.

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:06 pm

Chaps,

no two people are keener than Hilton and Harrison to get this baby 'birthed' :shock:

We tinkered with the idea of adding an Army Builder and I have created it BUT... Having taken the very wise council of no less a person than Mr Charles S. Grant I have decided NOT to include an Army Builder section and Army List in the rules. They would provoke an un necessary amount of sniping from the Armchair Research Society Evaluation Section or (A.R.S.E.S. for short) 8)
I will pdf the Army builder and it will be a free download from the site. I am not going to take the edge off of a huge piece of work by Clarence and I to make no one happy and incur the wrath of the Competition Gaming Witch hunters.

So, that said, we are 12 single mini photographs and a proof read short of publication! I am also been harassed by the Printer to get a bloody move on! :roll:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:36 pm

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiwipeterh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kiwipeterh » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:26 pm

Churchill wrote:This is beginning to sound like the birth of the baby Jesus with yourself and Clarance playing the roles of Joseph & Mary. :lol:
:shock: Which one is Joseph and which is Mary?! First earthquakes in Christchurch, then earthquakes in Japan and now this shocking revelation. I'm not sure how much more I can take!! :o

:lol:

Salute
von Peter himself
Visit the blog of von Peter himself at http://vonpeterhimself.wordpress.com/
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:56 pm

Nor me.... giving birth!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Henry Ford
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by 18th Century Guy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:30 pm

I'm trying to put that mental image out of my mind......
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Rob Herrick » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:24 am

barr7430 wrote:Chaps,

no two people are keener than Hilton and Harrison to get this baby 'birthed' :shock:

We tinkered with the idea of adding an Army Builder and I have created it BUT... Having taken the very wise council of no less a person than Mr Charles S. Grant I have decided NOT to include an Army Builder section and Army List in the rules. They would provoke an un necessary amount of sniping from the Armchair Research Society Evaluation Section or (A.R.S.E.S. for short) 8)
I will pdf the Army builder and it will be a free download from the site. I am not going to take the edge off of a huge piece of work by Clarence and I to make no one happy and incur the wrath of the Competition Gaming Witch hunters.

So, that said, we are 12 single mini photographs and a proof read short of publication! I am also been harassed by the Printer to get a bloody move on! :roll:
This isn't my period and know very little about the rule set, but have you thought about some example OBs, and their conversion to BtlB? Say matched pairs (French vs non-French) for some battles of the period?

Sometimes, I think it helps to see what a project or a game would look like in one's desired system. It helps with planning and painting a project. Yeah, most of us research like crazy, but it's always helpful to know what you're getting into.

Plus, of course, it's an excuse for army photos to suck in the unwary!
With Gen'l Custer Down in Mexico: Yes, one of the goals is to see how many times one can get him killed.
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:20 am

There is a sample game with ORBATs so that should provide some help. I am in agreement with you, Rob... this period could use more sources for people trying to get into it, but it may be beyond the scope of THIS book. We have talked about doing a book, or even a series of books, covering the various armies and theaters of this period, but there are LOTS of projects we WANT to do... deciding what might be up next is part of the fun!
Captain of Dragoons
Major General
Major General

Post by Captain of Dragoons » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:34 am

We have talked about doing a book, or even a series of books, covering the various armies and theaters of this period, but there are LOTS of projects we WANT to do... deciding what might be up next is part of the fun!
And speaking of Charles Grant, I'm happy to say I have both vols of 'Wargaming in History'. Gents, I don't know if any of you have these books but I think the style would be very good for something similar in the League of Augsburg / Spanish Succession period.
Captain of Dragoons
Captain of Dragoons
Major General
Major General

Post by Captain of Dragoons » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:38 am

Guards battalion again this should be limited to a single battalion
If you are going to have a Garde Francais battalion in your army you got to have a Garde Sussie standing next to them.
Captain of Dragoons
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Rob Herrick » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:43 am

Captain of Dragoons wrote:
Guards battalion again this should be limited to a single battalion
If you are going to have a Garde Francais battalion in your army you got to have a Garde Sussie standing next to them.
I thought the privilege of the Garde Francais was to be in the center of the first line, and that of the Garde Suisse to be in the center of the second?
With Gen'l Custer Down in Mexico: Yes, one of the goals is to see how many times one can get him killed.
Captain of Dragoons
Major General
Major General

Post by Captain of Dragoons » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:28 pm

Details man, details
Captain of Dragoons
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:50 pm

OK.. SOME NEWS..

just received the near final draft of the now 111 page BLB2 from Clarence. It is looking very very nice. I will be sending out this version to our proof readers today or tomorrow.

Still one or two little changes from Clarence and my own perpective but a MAJOR step towards completion. I would call it 98% now :wink:

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:54 am

Book is done. 120 pages. Just finishing last edits now and Clarence is tidying up his Cover Opus!
Talking to the printers next week. Won't be out by SALUTE but we will probaly be taking preorders by then.

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:22 pm

You had better tell them that this isn't an April Fool.
Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:07 am

APRIL 2nd

THE BOOK IS FINISHED :roll:

Henry Ford