My turn with a question

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
flick40
Major General
Major General

My turn with a question

Post by flick40 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:30 am

We had a situation where inside a BUA were a brigadier and the CinC (King William). They both became casualties in the melee. Am I right that the 'garrison' checks morale at -2 for seeing the commander killed? (Or would each unit test individually? I went with garrison) Those outside the BUA wouldn't test because they weren't in LOS, even though some are within 12" of the event.

Seems to me news of a king being taken from the field, strapped over the back of his horse vs riding it, would travel very quickly. I invoked game master privilege and the garrison became shaken. The French on the next turn were finally able to breech the perimeter after 6+ of turns trying.

Let me just say that if you ever have to take a BUA in BLB2.. you better pack a lunch and bring some friends. :)

Joe
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My turn with a question

Post by barr7430 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:53 am

Yup Joe.. garrison checks morale.. once and for the most senior casualty.. the King.. wow!

Anything in LoS and in range would check in the open. I think in a BuA it is a scenario specific call as per your own judgement.

Yes, taking a BuA was a costly and time consuming job... Neerwinden and its villages being a fine example.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
flick40
Major General
Major General

Post by flick40 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:01 pm

Clarify, units involved in an assault on a BUA do not count for order allowance. Makes sense just couldnt find a reference in the rules.

Joe
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:33 pm

Yes, actually that is a really good point and I can't remember if I did clarify that in writing in the rules, on the forum or never! As a snap judgment, those boys will at that point have their hands full in the same way as a routing unit would so I would not count them for order allowance.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford