A few minor questions

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
jean1951
Private
Private

A few minor questions

Post by jean1951 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:05 pm

Hello,

Firstly I would like to find out if there are any BLB or Donninbrook gamers in the Ottawa Gatineau (Canada).

The second question is about mounting the miniatures. I am a 15mm gamer but from what I have been able to gather there is no base size recommended. Does the amount of figures on a base make any difference? I was looking at a unit with a command base, a pike base and two muskets base. If the unit is 18 figures strong this means that the command and pike must have three figures each. When a unit reaches half strenght does one physically take off the figures. I am asking because in the rules it is suggested that the stand could be in a minor diorama. I was also thinking of placing my command to hold six figures. That would be three command and three muskets. Thar way if I play a latter game with the pikes phased out I would still be able to use the command stand.

The final question is about flags. Are they all made for 28mm.

Best regards,

Jean
yar68
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: A few minor questions

Post by yar68 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:52 pm

I've been painting up 15mm figures for a few years, I use the following base sizes 40x40mm for all Horse, 35x30 for Foot with a small base of 35x15mm for the rear pike stand, artillery is based on 40x30mm.

Here's a photo of a completed unit....

All bases are supposed to remain on the table until the unit reaches 50% casualties, then you start to take them off, therefore you can be as artistic with your bases as you wish.
As for flags you can buy all the LoA flags in whatever size you wish, just drop them a line as to your preferred size, I use 20mm to 22mm square for mine. That's a bit too big really but at least you can make out the detail on them!! Check out my blog, there are a few flags you can download if you so wish.
Ray

Yay...I say yay..............Yay!

http://onelover-ray.blogspot.com/
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:34 am

Hello Jean,
perfect advice from Ray 8)

I have nothing to add to that. I am sorry, I do not know about BLB/Donnybrook players in Quebec but someone on the boards may. There are certainly players in Canada so they may have some connections to people playing in your area.

Good luck!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
jean1951
Private
Private

Post by jean1951 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:06 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your insight on my questions.

I will repharse and repost the question about Canadian gamers in a different fashion.

As for the basing I did take the base size you had mentionned. I am used to systems where I should be able to go anywhere with my boys and be able to play you because we all have the same base size. Having people chose the size of their bases does lead to interesting possibilities.
I also saw the flags in the shop. The smallest size listed was 30mm by 30mm. That did not fill my needs. I will send a word next week about the flags. As for the don­ t throw 1´s blog. I have seen the flags and well done.

Best regards,

Jean
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:40 am

The smallest size is not 30 x 30.. that is the smallest listed size for 28mm gamers. The flags can be printed any size and we go right down in scale. Several 15mm gamers use them with infantry flags about 18 x 18mm

cheers

B
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
SteveRCR
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by SteveRCR » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:53 pm

Been away from the boards for a bit, Just saw this.

Im around an hour away from ya in Cornwall, On.

I'm a retired solo gamer now just starting to build a 28mm WSS Anglo-Dutch Army again. Not much help with 15mm. I have BTLB v1 & 2.
jean1951
Private
Private

Post by jean1951 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:35 pm

Hello Steve,

Sorry for not replying before. Yes I am doing BTB ver. 2 in 15mm. Been gaming for years. I started in 25mm a long time ago. But the last 20 years it has been 15mm. All my terrain is in 15mm. I am giving the Williamite period a shot.
Maybe as we grow we can set up a game.

Best regards,

Jean