Derry Irish Basing

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
Sir Royston Papworth
Private
Private

Derry Irish Basing

Post by Sir Royston Papworth » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:16 pm

Hoping to get a bit of a steer here. I've nearly finished the first, English, brigade for my Williamite army and I want the second brigade to be the three Derry Irish regiments of Baker's, Skeffington's and Walker's.

I know that uniform information on them is virtually nonexistent, with the uniform only known for one out of the three. However, that could be an advantage for me! 8)

However, the big question is, how to organise them? Should they be the same as other regulars, or should they be like the GNW Swedes with just 3 bases, with pike on the central base? Obviously I wouldn't want to be left with lead that I no longer require, now would I??? :wink:

Curious to know how others have approached the Irish units, in lieu of the Irish supplement I suspect there has been a variety of solutions...

Cheers,
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Derry Irish Basing

Post by barr7430 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:43 am

Something suitably Irish is almost complete in terms of a publication (the writing at least). I would go for the traditional 3 musketeer + 1 pike stand basing. I did one of the Gustavus Hamilton regiments on hexes with a half hex for pikes. It is on the site somewhere in terms of a photo.

cheers

B
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:52 am

barr7430 wrote:Something suitably Irish is almost complete in terms of a publication (the writing at least). I would go for the traditional 3 musketeer + 1 pike stand basing. I did one of the Gustavus Hamilton regiments on hexes with a half hex for pikes. It is on the site somewhere in terms of a photo.

cheers

B
http://www.leagueofaugsburg.com/gallery/images/1881.jpg

:wink:
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Ben Waterhouse
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Ben Waterhouse » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:37 pm

barr7430 wrote:Something suitably Irish is almost complete in terms of a publication (the writing at least). I would go for the traditional 3 musketeer + 1 pike stand basing. I did one of the Gustavus Hamilton regiments on hexes with a half hex for pikes. It is on the site somewhere in terms of a photo.

cheers

B

Cat who goes Oooohhh!
Arma Pacis Fulcra

God, War, Drink.
Sir Royston Papworth
Private
Private

Post by Sir Royston Papworth » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:57 am

Thanks Barry, that's really helpful...

Rather looking forward to the publication too... 8)