WATERLOO WEEKENDER PDF GUIDE UPLOADED

Questions, chat, feedback and developments relating to REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE... Wargaming the wars of Napoleon Bonaparte.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue May 18, 2010 7:27 pm

Well Bob,

if it is helping your Father even in some small way it is worth doing. I'll keep going!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by CoffinDodger » Tue May 18, 2010 7:42 pm

barr7430 wrote: ...Part 3 uploaded.. the assault and capture of La Haie Sainte...
I like the little Napoleonic Caganer at the top of the page for turn six. :lol:

Jim
“I can assure you, Gentlefolk, they look better from a distance."
Jim O'Neill.
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by CoffinDodger » Tue May 18, 2010 7:47 pm

toggy wrote: ...it was almost Jim like for a couple of turns!
Bob,

Can you do me a favour in October and check every two turns or so to see if I'm still breathing?

Jim

On a more serious note, my thoughts are with your father - nothing like painting a few wee men to boost morale.
“I can assure you, Gentlefolk, they look better from a distance."
Jim O'Neill.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue May 18, 2010 10:03 pm

Amended Part 3 now uploaded with corrections to Turn data and Turn 7 also included... :D

Henry Ford
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Rob Herrick » Wed May 19, 2010 12:22 am

Who is the extra mounted Frenchman in photo #2, turn 5, near II/54e?

The caption for Photo #1 identified Colonel Charlet, and the chef d'battalion of I/55e Ligne as the officer vignettes attached to I/55e, so who's the other mounted fellow? Another chef d'battalion?
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed May 19, 2010 6:38 am

Rob, you DO have sharp eyes... Those Rebs would never have gotten near your lines if you'd been on look out!!

The mounted model IS Charlet. The dismounted model to his right is the colonel of the 1/55e - placed on ONLY for the Assault (that's the only instance colonel models appear in a game). The officer to the left is the supernumary beside the Eagle on the unit's HALF HEX command base. As all Napoleonic French units are the same I do not make the Eagle integral to the unit but have them seperate so that the unit can change identity for scenario and I don't have to paint up 12,000 French models!

Henry Ford
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Rob Herrick » Wed May 19, 2010 9:17 pm

barr7430 wrote:Rob, you DO have sharp eyes... Those Rebs would never have gotten near your lines if you'd been on look out!!
It's the glasses and eye reconstruction =P.
barr7430 wrote:The mounted model IS Charlet. The dismounted model to his right is the colonel of the 1/55e - placed on ONLY for the Assault (that's the only instance colonel models appear in a game). The officer to the left is the supernumary beside the Eagle on the unit's HALF HEX command base.
Hmm, I don't think I properly specified which mounted model I'm talking about.

Photo #2 on page 1 clearly shows two mounted stands - one with I/55e leading the assault on La Haie Sainte, and a second mounted fellow with the II/54e in the scrub.

I presume the mounted fellow with I/55e was Charlet; it's the second mounted fellow with II/54e in the scrub I was interested in. Did you have two Charlet models out, or is that second mounted fellow Quiot?

It's the second mounted fellow that I'm curious about. Did you have two minis out for Charlet?
Barr7430 wrote:The officer to the left is the supernumary beside the Eagle on the unit's HALF HEX command base. As all Napoleonic French units are the same I do not make the Eagle integral to the unit but have them seperate so that the unit can change identity for scenario and I don't have to paint up 12,000 French models!
Interesting. How many men fit on that half hex base? From the gallery shots, it looks like they were integral to the base.

I traditionally base my Eagle bearers and command supernumaries with the first company, but then my battalions all have labels on the back of the stand anyway. That, and many have their regimental number on their shako cover.

Do you use the command stand to make the number of models right with odd sized units?
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:56 am

Guys sorry I have been so tardy on finishing this. Workload overwhelmong at the moment. It is on my 'to do' list whilst on holiday during the summer.
Currenlty spending ALL of my spare time on finishing the 3 talks for Histroicon.. that is turning into a bit of an epic. :roll:

Henry Ford