Nicon 2010, Battle report now added

Questions, chat, feedback and developments relating to REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE... Wargaming the wars of Napoleon Bonaparte.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:30 pm

Captain Chook wrote: Of course, we wouldn't have to ask questions if Barry and/or David came down this way for agame :lol:
We have been asked to attend our friends daughters wedding next year although its in Wellington so if finances permitted you never know.

Cheers
Dave
valleyboy
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by valleyboy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:21 pm

barr7430 wrote:I suspect nobody on the Bay of Plenty Times will be nominated for a Pulitzer or any other prize on the basis of that little piece.... :shock:

Precisely was is a 'cavalry of horses'?

Go on, tell us:

1. Was the Journo under 25?
2. Male or female?
3. Did they actually attend NiCon?
4 Do your family still speak to you?
1. Was the Journo under 25? - She was young probably under 30 but really I have no idea, I didn't want to inspect her too closely in case I got the reputaion of being a perv as well as a wargamer

2 Female, I think I might have got accidentally poked in the eye

3. Did they actually attend NiCon? - I refer the honourable gentleman to my earlier answer

4 Do your family still speak to you? - My wife thinks I'm wonderful and we all know she has impeccable taste. I have the day off today and am not looking forward to going to work tomorrow and explaining myself to a stream of patients whom now must be very worried about their GP and have a stream of questions like, did you paint...., how long does it take...., you don't actually play with...., how many metallica T shirts do you own? now I know why you smell so musty....., where's your anorak,.......
I'm not turning up at golf today either for the same reason :oops:
valleyboy
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by valleyboy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:22 pm

obriendavid wrote:
Captain Chook wrote: Of course, we wouldn't have to ask questions if Barry and/or David came down this way for agame :lol:
We have been asked to attend our friends daughters wedding next year although its in Wellington so if finances permitted you never know.

Cheers
Dave
Let me know if your coming Dave, we are only 7 hours away by car - on the other hand Wellington is on Von Peter's doorstep
kiwipeterh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kiwipeterh » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:37 am

valleyboy wrote:
obriendavid wrote:

Cheers
Dave
Let me know if your coming Dave, we are only 7 hours away by car - on the other hand Wellington is on Von Peter's doorstep
Yes Wellington is indeed my stomping ground so do get in touch if heading this way. Rude not to really!! :D

Salute
von Peter himself
Visit the blog of von Peter himself at http://vonpeterhimself.wordpress.com/
janbruinen
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by janbruinen » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:27 am

A nice review and great pics but a quick question regarding the photos of cavalry; are all the cavalry constant in column? I never see a cavalry regiment in line.
Natholeon
Private
Private

Post by Natholeon » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:52 am

Thanks for the report.
I would have loved to have been there, even if just to watch and chat but my other half had crazy ideas about a 'family weekend' and such. So we went to the beach to take advantage of the weather... :roll: . A couple of the guys from the Rotorua club made it over and were very impressed with what they saw. Maybe we could organise an away game where we all trundle over one weekend?

Cheers
Nathan