Shevardino game

Questions, chat, feedback and developments relating to REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE... Wargaming the wars of Napoleon Bonaparte.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Shevardino game

Post by obriendavid » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:03 am

It was good it meet up with a few forum members at our Shevardino game at Claymore yesterday and we had a few new people trying out the rules. Unfortunately our photographer (Hilton) forgot his camera equipment so all he has managed are a few hand held shots taken with the flash, I haven't seen them yet so hopefully they will be OK but I thought the game looked up to the usual standard and it was good to get all my newly painted Russians on the table and fortunately General Buggeration excelled himself. :lol: Hopefully he'll keep this up for the weekend game at Lundin Links.

Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:24 pm

Yup.. Hilton fails to deilver the goods... again!

Having a few computer problems at the mo. Hard drive on the laptop gone and my own home computer is not connecting to the net. Using my daughter's lap top means I can't upload stuff to the site at the moment!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:04 pm

You just can't get the staff these days :lol:

Cheers
Dave
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:28 am

It was a great looking game guys. Glad to see the Russkies on the offensive and routing some Frenchies cavalry.
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:26 pm

sharnydubs wrote:It was a great looking game guys.
The display judges obviously didn't think so, the game didn't even get a mention. :cry:
Just as well we don't put on displays to win prizes but to show off lovely terrain, beautiful figures, chat to the public and introduce R2E to the public.
Cheers
Dave
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:56 am

I suspect that the criteria for judging differs dramatically from one show to the next which is healthy if somewhat difficult to predict. Keeps us all on our toes!

Nevertheless it was still a great looking game wih lovely figures and terrain. Even though I am biaised towards any table that has Russian Napoleonics on it!

I didn't manage to look at any of the games in the other hall at Claymore. Time just ran out. As you know running a display game with only two club members doesn't give you much time to look around.
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:10 am

You never know what judges are looking for which is why I stopped entering competitions many years ago as terrain and painting style is a very subjective matter. Barry and myself only got about one break each during the day and mine seemed to involve bumping into people I hadn't seen for ages, having a chat then getting back to the display so apart from yours and Kevs I didn't see anyother games. Thankfully I had ordered some lovely looting Cossacks from Eureka and picked them up before the show started otherwise I wouldn't have bought anything. Hopefully I can rectify the situation at the Newcastle and Partizan shows.

Cheers
Dave