I have on occasion been known to bite off a little more than is chewable in project terms and this one has been a Daddy.
I want the table to look spectacular and so I have spent ALL of my spare time over the last 3 weeks building new terrain and remodelling old terrain.
I have been working on 36 x 2' square boards to match up so that each table (2 x 12 x 6 feet) looks as top notch as possible.
I have scratchbuilt:
1. 10 feet of sculpted Semenoskoye stream
2. 6 feet of minor tributaries to run into it
3. Repainted 24 boards and customized 12 new boards
4. Built a 4 x 2 foot section of raised ground for the Raevsky Redoubt
5. Scratchbuilt(off plan) as accurate a representation of the Raevsky redoubt as possible
6. Scratchbuilt all 3 Fleches again off plan, so they are the right size and shape relative to each other.
I have been painting and rebasing both French and Russian figures and there are yet a few surprises to complete.
The above has somewhat interfered with the last actions on BLB2 but I need to keep the R2E Gaming team happy
and want Borodino to be a real spectacular event.
Photos of the WiP soon. I have also been taking photos all the way through the construction to do that terrain article Gunter is after
9 Days left for me to do work on the project as I have a visit to ME and one to Malaysia before then
Divorce papers in the post