Building my forces for RtE

Questions, chat, feedback and developments relating to REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE... Wargaming the wars of Napoleon Bonaparte.
Gunfreak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Building my forces for RtE

Post by Gunfreak » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:17 pm

I'm actualy building 4 forces at the same time,

Natuarly a french, which I'm having a hard time with becasue you need so much of it, and I finde painting french and french is boring. To combat this I'm building some sort of suport brigades of bravarians and polish.

At the same time I'm building an austrian, russian and prussian divisions.

My austrians so far are all ready painted, and I got a full brigade worth it's a big brigade of 168 in 4 40 figure battalions, I'll also paint 4 huge hungerian 48 figure battalions, total number of figures 360, this is a good division, so there won't be any more infantry brigades for the austrians, it will mean the single brigades are powerfull by the division is more britle.
They will also get a cavalry brigade.

My russian division, will be stanard historc type ting, 2 musketeer brigades and one jeger, the division will be based on borodino, so the battalions are understrengh at about 24 for almost all battalions, they will get a cavalry brigade.

My prussian "division" will be 3 regiments of 3, one line infantry, one reserve and one landwehr, most of these will be 32 strong, with some 24 strong battalions.

Now the problem doing all these diffrent nationalities is that I never get finished because I keep jumping between the diffrent forces(pluss my 15mm project to)

So what I'm gonna do is to make a fake OOB that kinda make a miniature version of leipzig, were the allied division is actualy one brigade from each nationality, so one austrian, one prussian and one russian. and ofcourse a french division to opose them,

I try to aim for each side having less then 400 figures so I don't go over 800 total, since I read some one had play a battle with about that on my table size.

My excuse for the ragtag division is that in the game, the french have broken through and a allied general just get a hold of all the forces I can get to get them into the frey