New player reeled in

Questions, chat, feedback and developments relating to REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE... Wargaming the wars of Napoleon Bonaparte.
BP
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New player reeled in

Post by BP » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:19 pm

Just wanted to put a quick hello on the board before I start inundating people with questions and what not! I've met a few people on the board before, Chris Stone, Darryl

Just picking up Napoleonic for the first time in 20+ years of gaming. In my defence it was the plastics that did it! As I started looking through the various rule sets R2E was the one that caught my eye most, picked it up at Falkirk earlier this year and have been slowly building a Peninsular British Division since then. Clintons 6th at Salamanca, for no other reason than the first figure I painted had green facings and so became the first figure in the 11th North Devon. The 32nd and half the 36th battalions to go and then I'm into the Portuguese which will make a change from painting redcoats. I hasten to add at this point that I am very much more the gamer than painter and Army Painter has been a godsend. The figures look fine from 5 feet away :)

Very interested in the 1 day games at Mutineer that Barry has mentioned, no better way to learn the game the rules than from the author I reckon and hopefully meet some of you there.

Regards

Bill Paterson.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:27 pm

Bill,
welcome to the Forum.. long may you post! No question too simple or obtuse.. we aim to please.
I am currently looking at suitable dates for the Whitburn One Day-er.

More news to follow!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
toggy
Major General
Major General

Post by toggy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:56 pm

Welcome Bill

I had a similar experience at Partizan a couple of years ago, watching Barry & his motley crew put on a demo for R2E.
It inspired me to return to nappies after nearly 20 years, and again the plastic revolution definitely speeds up the process of building large forces, I'm basing mine on Reille's 2nd corps at Waterloo.

As far as joining in with the weekenders or the 1 dayers, couldn't recommend them highly enough,great scenarios,great toys and even better company.

Hope to see you at Whitburn in the new year.

Barry,
Any chance of some rough dates for the first 1 dayer need to check to see if rostered for that Saturday.

Cheers Bob