Rearguard action with austrians

Questions, chat, feedback and developments relating to REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE... Wargaming the wars of Napoleon Bonaparte.
Gunfreak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Rearguard action with austrians

Post by Gunfreak » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:13 pm

I need an excuse to paint some austrians, I have two big units to paint, and I need a game for them so I can excuse the painting.

So my idea is this, half a division of austrians (6 battalions) have to stop or delay the french advance over a river, the french got 7 battalions, 1 battery and two cav regiments, the only thing the austrians got going for them is the river and big battalions.

So the question can the austrians win, or should there be a delyaing action for a set number of turns?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:36 am

Hi Gunfreak,

I stumbled accross your question while searching the forum therefore I appolgize for not answering earlier :oops:

IMHO, a delay action for the Austrians.

The outlay sounds like a little Elchingen, where the French forced a crossing over a River against defensiv acting Austrians.

If the French player is not acting stupid he can force the Austrians out of almost any position no matter how strong it is. He can allways threatning the Austrian flanks and Rear and the Artillery would smash h.o.l.e.s.(.... program :evil: ) in the thight packed Austrian ranks.

Hope that make's sense somehow

Ney, Marechal
Duke de Elchingen :wink: