2O/21 AUGUST 2011 R2E WEEKENDER LUNDIN LINKS

Questions, chat, feedback and developments relating to REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE... Wargaming the wars of Napoleon Bonaparte.
BP
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: 2O/21 AUGUST 2011 R2E WEEKENDER LUNDIN LINKS

Post by BP » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:29 pm

toggy wrote: Still coming to terms with the performance of Bill's Italian brigade, hardly a casualty in a full weekends gaming,although the Bermuda Triangle tile had a lot to do with that.

Bob
The bermuda triangle tile was down to me shooting and chasing away something like 3 cavalry brigades. :) And in the true spirit of Italian after action reporting, that will become a corp of cuirassier by Friday :)

I'll have you know 1 unit suffered 8 casualties routing some Prussian dragoons :) And my wobbly square would have taken more if night hadn't fallen and they got most of them back :) Although Jims small horse battery still then killed another 6 and 2 from the skirmish screen.

I'm just grateful the only infantry to come near the ice cream sellers were mostly recruit! (my apologies to Andy for dealing harshly with those in his first game!) His one decent unit which was leading his brigade got battered as it emerged from the forest, by the time he got it deployed it had taken over 50% casualties. Mostly caused by Bill R's horse battery on the hill.

Bill
toggy
Major General
Major General

Post by toggy » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:34 pm

Barry wrote:

"I have uploaded some of Andy's lovely photographs into the R2E GAMES GALLERY."

Some brilliant shots,not sure how Andy got inside the village to get the shot of the Jaeger though.

Bob
We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction. Macarthur, Douglas
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Post by j1mwallace » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:51 pm

I am really impressed with the pictures. really well composed. Very well done.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:02 pm

ok more pics uploaded and still more to come. Dave as also done an after action report which I have grafted into a scenario pdf for the WARCHEST, Minor technical glitch there at the moment but it will appear uploaded shortly.

Thanks for that good work Dave :D
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:06 pm

barr7430 wrote: Thanks for that good work Dave :D
You're welcome!
I had a good afternoon writing the report while watching Zulu on TV for the umpteenth time. Still a great film!
Cheers
Dave
Gerryjd
Captain
Captain

Post by Gerryjd » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:15 pm

obriendavid wrote:
Gerryjd wrote: Highlights of the weekend for me
Kieran's face when falling victim of one Mr O'Briens dastardly events
Gerry
You should have seen the look on your face at a tough time in the battle when I told you the bridge had collapsed leaving your reinforcements stranded on the wrong side of the river :lol:

The way you acted to the info was very commendable and was one of the reasons you won the best sportsman award.
Cheers
Dave
Many Thanks for the award. Already in the cabinet :D :D :D

I will admit I toyed with the idea of not saying to any of my Brigade commanders and sweat it out myself , then thought, "Nah!! Stuff it, If I'm worried about it they can be worried too!!!! " :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Gerry
You may call it sarcasm........I, on the other hand, prefer to refer to it as a humorous observation!!! :-)
billwargames
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by billwargames » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:13 pm

Thanks again for an excellent weekends gaming,nice to see all of you again looking forward to the next one.
Started doing some research on the demise of the pike and the painting of them to prevent it........

cheers

Bill...............
biomed
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:06 pm

Just posted up the Mockern scenario in the WARCHEST... Great battle report from Pikey!

Henry Ford
BP
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by BP » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:21 pm

Yep, great write up!

Bill.
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:34 pm

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:47 pm

Surprisingly it was the French who came out best.. twice despite having fewer guns both times.. I think that was down to a Blairism..
Location, Location, Location and perhaps
Timing, Timing, Timing.

We have never had such a short range artillery duel before (approximately 135 yards distance). The reason for it was the impassable swamp which protected the French and which the Russians had to pass if they were to reach Wahlitz. Young Kieran enjoyed it, don't know if Wallacski did though! :shock:

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:36 pm

I'm not sure if the Russians actually managed to get a shot off before they ran away? They were caught with the first volley while they were still limbered up and they couldn't deploy properly because of all their infantry coming up the road close behind then if they managed to get the jump the next move they might have managed to deploy but couldn't fire then they failed a morale test for friends routing past in the next move. At least he did well with his dragoons.
Cheers
Dave
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:00 am

Reading the report will be the first time the Allied players find out about some of the events which only affected the French as only they were told of what was going on. Unfortunately I never got a chance to get any of the events involving the Cossacks into the game.
Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:11 am

There would have been cries of bias (er, MORE cries of bias) from the French as the Cossacks being dressed in red and blue suits would probably have been gifted with CLARK KENT powers... :lol:

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:15 am

barr7430 wrote:There would have been cries of bias (er, MORE cries of bias) from the French as the Cossacks being dressed in red and blue suits would probably have been gifted with CLARK KENT powers... :lol:
Oh no they wouldn't, it would have been the Russians complaining as the Cossacks plundered their artillery train or disappeared into the towns to do some looting. Unfortunately it never came up and neither did the one about the Russians and Prussians falling out having to dice seperately for MP's and refusing to support each others attacks or in some cases even falling back from support.
Cheers
Dave