RETREAT question ...

Questions, chat, feedback and developments relating to REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE... Wargaming the wars of Napoleon Bonaparte.
sotek111
Private First Class
Private First Class

RETREAT question ...

Post by sotek111 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:05 am

Hey guys,

Playing a game last night and have a question. During my Maneuver phase I used a single unit action to rally a French foot artillery battery from RETREAT (took the division leader, brigade leader, and brigade support to get it to an even roll, thank god I passed). I was successful and removed the RETREAT marker from the unit, however they were still DISORDERED from the whole ordeal. Having already used a single unit action, I payed double (second unit action) then to FORM so I could get rid of the DISORDER.

I see specifically that after rallying a unit from ROUT that you can't do anything else with that unit in the current turn, but nothing mentioned for RETREAT.

Is what I did ok - using an exploitation to take a second unit action with the just rallied (from RETREAT) artillery unit to FORM them?

Thanks in advance.

Jay
Jay White
Fremont, CA (USA)
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: RETREAT question ...

Post by obriendavid » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:38 am

You can't form up in the same move that you rallied the unit as these test come at the end of the move. You have to spend the next move forming up.
Hope this helps?
Dave