Another basing question

Questions, chat, feedback and developments relating to REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE... Wargaming the wars of Napoleon Bonaparte.
Justin Buck

Another basing question

Post by Justin Buck » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:56 pm

Hello everyone, my dad and I are trying to get into 28mm Napoleonics and we have decided to go with Republic to Empire, obviously :) . We were wondering if the rules would allow the French to be based 3 deep on a base when the British are based 2 deep. Would this throw a wrench into everything or do we have to base everyone the same? Thanks for any help,

Justin
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Another basing question

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:38 am

Justin,

RtE does not demand for rebasing units and therefore any basing system in allowed. If it pleases you and your Dad you may use any sort of bases you like. Only keep in mind to have roughly a frontage of 15-20 mm per Infantry Figure and 20-25mm for each Cavalry Figure.
It is that every 4 Figures count as a Combat Group. So how you base them is completly your decission.
Read more about basing in the RtE beginning with page 17.

Hope that helps.

Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Another basing question

Post by barr7430 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:45 pm

Exactly as Gunter says... no problem.. base as you like :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford