How people base their skirmishers

Questions, chat, feedback and developments relating to REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE... Wargaming the wars of Napoleon Bonaparte.
Justin Buck

How people base their skirmishers

Post by Justin Buck » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:41 pm

I was wondering how people base their skirmisher. I see that the rules say that you don't have to remove them from the parent unit when they deploy, but I was just curious as to what people do. Do you paint up troops, like voltigeurs, for the unit and also as individual when depolyed as skirmishers and keep both on the table? Im about to order a bunch of bases and I still have not decided yet on how I want to do my skirmishers.

Justin
BP
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: How people base their skirmishers

Post by BP » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:08 pm

I have now started basing them on 2 to 40x20 base. My usual basing is 4 to a 40x40. I usually include at least 2 of these per battalion so the necessary combat groups can be removed and the appropriate number of skirmising bases can be deployed.
My light battalions are all based that way too, so can deploy limited/half/full deployment without having to paint extra figures.

I like not having to paint extra figures :)

Bill
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: How people base their skirmishers

Post by Friedrich August I. » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:15 pm

Same style, different approach :wink:
My bases are 50x50mm and I too place two figures on a base 50x25mm BUT I go to make double the numbers doing the 4 Light Infantry Battalions in marching Order AND in Skirmish Order :D

Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.