Restarting perry 28mm project

This forum section is open to posts, questions and comments on conflicts between the end of the Great Northern War and the start of the French Revolution. So, Austrian Succession, SYW AND AWI affecionados .. this is for you!
Gunfreak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Restarting perry 28mm project

Post by Gunfreak » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:10 pm

This was actualy my second project ever, but this was back when I was a seriously bad paint, while I'm no artiste yet, my painting have become better.

Another reason for stopping the project was that my table was to small, BG is a room hungry set of rules, as I was doing guildford, the senrario says you need a 9x5 table, so my 7x4 is to small.

Now with new basing I can simulate 5" wide table, but I can not fake the 9"

Which suck.

But still I want to paint some Perry AWI, I'm allready doing AWI in 6mm, 10mm and 40mm.

The 6 and 10mm is missing the details of the uniforms and 40mm is even at it's cheapest 3 times as expencive as perry 28mm.

One option is to do it the Giles way, just paint units, just paint and paint, with no project in mind, and one day, one wonderfull day I have enough to do a game.

The good new is I still got like a semi pile of perry 28mm, enough for atleast 3-4 units. So I can actualy do this project with out spending any money at this moment
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Restarting perry 28mm project

Post by CoffinDodger » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:18 pm

Gunfreak wrote: ...but I can not fake the 9"
Yep, I've been trying to do that for years too.

Jim
“I can assure you, Gentlefolk, they look better from a distance."
Jim O'Neill.
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:49 pm

Jim, I live for your posts...