Flagging Units

A board for questions and discussion relating to Clarence Harrison's ECW focused rules which are growing in popularity. Please post here for questions and discussion relating to VWQ
CoachB
Private First Class
Private First Class

Flagging Units

Post by CoachB » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:21 pm

So here is a question that I havent found a good source or good answer to as of yet.

When you add flags to our units, do you only flag your pike stand in a regiment?

I have seen the flags for example, four that are blue and have a smaller design in the small upper corner next to the flagpole and each flag then has like one circle, two circles, three circles all in a slant down from the corner of the small upper square. Then one has like a wavy line. These all represent different captains and majors. Were these all in the same regiment therefore all on the same pike stand? Or could you use them on four different pike stands representing 4 separate full regiments of foot?

I am sure only one standard goes on a Horse unit so no questions there.

Thanks for any guidance.
quindia
General
General

Re: Flagging Units

Post by quindia » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Units usually had one flag per company... obviously, our 18 model units would look a bit overdressed with a dozen flags, so I usually just model two. One to three flags for infantry units works well and I usually model one flag per squadron (six models) of cavalry. Think of it in the same way that we consider a stand of six models to equal several hundred soldiers!