Contacting GMB

Help related to anything in the gaming world
Heneborn
Major
Major

Contacting GMB

Post by Heneborn » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:49 pm

Well I've been trying to order some flags from GMB for some time, sent e-mails to two addresses with no success. Anyone know what to do?
Anonymous

Re: Contacting GMB

Post by Anonymous » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:50 am

Heneborn wrote:Well I've been trying to order some flags from GMB for some time, sent e-mails to two addresses with no success. Anyone know what to do?
Hi Heneborn,

once I had the same problem, but dont worry, Grahame maybe on vacation, or he takes now more care for his little daughter Mae. So take it easy. Your troops will fight without their flags as good as with them :twisted:

Best wishes from Vienna, where it snows the first time this year :o

Günter
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:26 pm

MarechalNey wrote:[
Best wishes from Vienna, where it snows the first time this year :o

Günter
Lucky you, we've only had two decent falls of snow in 21 years and they only lasted for about a day each time.

Cheers
Dave
neworks
Private
Private

Post by neworks » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi,

This is the e mail address I have which was sent from GMB himself.

gmbdesigns@blueyonder.co.uk

Dave
Heneborn
Major
Major

Post by Heneborn » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:34 pm

Yupp, that's the address I've been using, no luck though...
MarechalNey wrote:So take it easy. Your troops will fight without their flags as good as with them :twisted:
I guess you're right, but the would look so much more pretty with the flags!

Well, I can wait for some time, hardly any paint on the miniatures anyway ;)
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by 18th Century Guy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:37 pm

Have you thought of using 'The Flag Dude' ? What flags are you after?
Greystreak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Greystreak » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:18 am

Heneborn, if it's just a case of 'buying' a flag, rather than making a query with Grahame, you can purchase GMB flags on-line at Elite Miniatures: http://www.eliteminiatures.co.uk/. A quick e-mail to Peter Morbey will confirm if he has what you want in stock.
Bryce
John-G
Private
Private

Post by John-G » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:02 pm

Sorry to usurp the thread ... but ... does anybody know if GMB currently does 25/28mm Spanish flags? There is no listing on the Elite Miniatures website. Checked out Flag Dude, and there is a limited amount there, but not for all the regiments I'm doing/planning.

Any other source of 25/28mm Spanish Napoleonic flags would also be much appreciated :D

Cheers,

John.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:08 pm

John-G wrote:Sorry to usurp the thread ... but ... does anybody know if GMB currently does 25/28mm Spanish flags? There is no listing on the Elite Miniatures website. Checked out Flag Dude, and there is a limited amount there, but not for all the regiments I'm doing/planning.

Any other source of 25/28mm Spanish Napoleonic flags would also be much appreciated :D

Cheers,

John.
Hi John,
yes there is another source. Try

http://www.adolforamos.com/BANDERAS.html

As the name may tell, a spanish flag maker and a large list of 27 spanish flags

Hope this helps

Best wishes... Günter
Heneborn
Major
Major

Post by Heneborn » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:45 pm

18th Century Guy wrote:Have you thought of using 'The Flag Dude' ? What flags are you after?
Brunswick flags! I see "Flag Dude" have them so that might be an option. Does he have a eureopean or UK stockist?
Greystreak wrote:Heneborn, if it's just a case of 'buying' a flag, rather than making a query with Grahame, you can purchase GMB flags on-line at Elite Miniatures: http://www.eliteminiatures.co.uk/. A quick e-mail to Peter Morbey will confirm if he has what you want in stock.
Can I? It clealry states on the page that you only can order through Grahame... :?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:38 pm

You can try to get Flagdude-Flags from

http://www.tmterrain.com/

but as far as I know Mark Thornley has to order them from Flagdude so you can order it yourself from Rick by sending an e-mail to Rick O'Brien [rcobrien@earthlink.net]

The pics of my westphaliens give you hint how his flags look. Because I like them very much I have ordered all my Flags from him including my saxons. By the way if any one has a picture of a flag but no supplier for it send it to Rick. He may be able to make the flag.
An example: I couldnt get cavalry standards for my saxons so I asked Rick for help. He told me that he needs a picture of it and than he will be able to.
I did as told and now I have ALL flags for my Saxon cavalry.

When You send him your order he will paypal you and if your postal system is as "fast" as mine you will have it within 6-10 days.

Best Wishes

Günter
John-G
Private
Private

Post by John-G » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:46 pm

MarechalNey wrote:
John-G wrote:Sorry to usurp the thread ... but ... does anybody know if GMB currently does 25/28mm Spanish flags? There is no listing on the Elite Miniatures website. Checked out Flag Dude, and there is a limited amount there, but not for all the regiments I'm doing/planning.

Cheers,

John.
Hi John,
yes there is another source. Try

http://www.adolforamos.com/BANDERAS.html

As the name may tell, a spanish flag maker and a large list of 27 spanish flags

Hope this helps

Best wishes... Günter
Günter,

thanks for that, it's certainly another avenue to explore. I think I'll email Adolforamos and GMB to see what they can do for me.

Cheers,

John.
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by 18th Century Guy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:26 am

I'll be replacing all of my GMB flags with flags from The Flag Dude as I can order them in cloth. They cost more but oh do they look so much better. Plus as stated earlier, if he doesn't have an image but you can supply it then he will make it for you right away. His turn around time is excellent.
Greystreak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Greystreak » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:48 am

I think it's down to personal preference, 18th Century Guy. A couple of years ago, for trial purposes, I bought four flags from the Flag Dude (Rick, via Mark Thornley), for my 28mm Napoleonic Russians, and paid to have them shipped to the UK. Sadly, the quality of the final product simply didn't pass muster with me: the flag printing was so pixelated they could have been produced by an 1980's dot-matrix printer, and the Russian eagle in the centre looked like it had been eaten by Pac-Man. Conversely, the print quality of GMB and Adolfo Ramos are exceptional--far beyond anything Rick O'Brien does (especially on cloth)--but requires that you have the patience to learn to 'mould' your recently glued flag into a suitable shape, whereas Rick's flags come 'pre-scrunched', so the buyer only has to paint the flagstaff, and glue onto the figure. Buyer's choice. Personally, I prefer the visual quality of GMB over the convenience of Flag Dude:

Bryce
Peter McCarroll
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Peter McCarroll » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:55 pm

I have a listing of all GMB flags that Grahame e-mailed to me in July this year if anyone, who cannot get hold of him, is interested.