Miniatures stores in the Coventry area?

Help related to anything in the gaming world
gonzo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Miniatures stores in the Coventry area?

Post by gonzo » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:58 am

Dear Sirs (Madams),

My wife and I intend to visit some friends in Coventry during Easter (we are from Sweden). My question is: are there any stores in, or close to Coventry, that sell historical miniatures? I have tried google but came up blank. Perhaps someone here knows something or is Coventry indeed a blind sport when it comes to historical wargaming.

Regards,

Viktor
gonzo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by gonzo » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:30 pm

Nothing at all in the Coventry area? Oh my good how uncivilized :D. What am I supposed to do there? I can't sit in a pub all day, or can I.....
Tellus
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tellus » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:27 pm

gonzo wrote:....... I can't sit in a pub all day, or can I.....
Hey,you are from Sweden,arent you?So that shouldn't be a problem for you :wink:
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:03 pm

Gonzo,

how long are you in England for? One hour on the train(from coventry) would get you to:
Nottingham- Foundry/Games Worshop etc
or
London
or Birmingham(40 minutes)

or
Evesham(1 hour)

ALL have good hobby stores.... this is the UK remember... wargaming on every corner :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
gonzo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by gonzo » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:10 am

The pub sounds nice, however I doubt my wife would find it as amusing as I would :D. We are however going to spend 5 days in Coventry so we will have time to travel around to some extent (excursions are however hampered by the fact that we have a small toddler to carry around). I increased my search radius to include Birmingham, where I duly found a store called Waylands forge (or somehting). They had, what seems, a HUGE selection of minatures to choose from. I will definitely drop by and present my VISA card. By the way, Evesham, that is Gripping Beast and Battlehonours right? Might be worth the effort. Nottingham also needs to be investigated I believe. London is propably out of the picture, since it might take an hour to get there but then it will take me another 4 hours to find that damn store :D

Anyway, thanks for the great tips.

Regards,

Viktor