Great Northern War figures

Help related to anything in the gaming world
Anonymous

Great Northern War figures

Post by Anonymous » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:15 pm

Hi all!
I'm a newcomer (but VERY veteran wargamer...) from a country that is Fourth World in wargaming terms.
Does anyone know where I can find good 28mm GNW figures apart from Foundry (fine, but costly figures, these...)
Cheers, Marco
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GNW

Post by 18th Century Guy » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:34 pm

Marco,

I'm not sure where you'd order them from given you are in Italy but Imperialist Enterprises has an nice GNW range. Robert Hagerty is the owner of Imperialist Enterprises but I don't think he has an email address yet and I know he doesn't have a website. I do not know if he has a distributor in Europe but I do know of one here in the U.S. who is also a member in this forum. I'll let him know of your inquiry.

18th Century Guy
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:22 pm

Old Glory (both USA and UK) have a nice line, under the "Reiver Miniatures" banner.

Brent
Mark

Post by Mark » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:21 pm

I have looked at the Reiver Cavalry and was not impressed. I recently bought some WSS Cavalry from Front Rank to use as Saxons Dragoons. Front Rank figures are on the larger size but are very nice. I believe a company called Parkfield Miniatures (?) are doing some GNW but I have never seen them in the flesh.

Mark
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by 18th Century Guy » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:22 pm

If you join the Lace Wars Yahoo e-group there is a photo area where pictures of Imperialist Enterprises figures are shown. Now it's his Marlburian line and not GNW but it will give you an idea of his figures.

18th Century Guy
lenin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by lenin » Sat May 07, 2005 12:31 am

Hi,
Just thought I'd throw in my few pennies worth on the subject of 'Reiver Figures' They are very chunky, detail really stands out, making them great for painting, and as a result nice figures can be produced. As with 'all' figure manufacturers there are bound to be a few odd looking ones. My advice would be to give Reiver a go.
:wink:
Cheers, Andy