Looking for insights/advice

Information related to WARFARE MINIATURES releases, future releases, range development, painting, figure usage, conversions
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

Looking for insights/advice

Post by Redmist1122 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:59 pm

I finally have my hands on several packages of Warefare Miniatures and not allotting to time to paint them up. One head scratcher is I'm in need of more Brigadiers. One of the sets I bought is "WLOA20 - Staff Group"; would this be more of a Brigadier or Commander vignette so to speak? I really like this combo, and would not to want to break them up. What do you guys think?

Thanks.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA
Glorfindel
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Looking for insights/advice

Post by Glorfindel » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:17 pm

I imagine that this set could represent either. Having just painted up a mounted command figure, however, I feel that you might not have enough space to fit them all on a Brigadier base.

Two of the figures seem to fit naturally together (the mounted officer and courier giving message). The other officer (writing a message) could be used as a Brigadier with, perhaps, the addition of an infantryman keeping an eye out and then ready to scarper off with the message.

Just a thought.

Phil
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

Post by Redmist1122 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:37 pm

Phil,
I was thinking on the same lines. I only have one foot Brigadier (not on horse). Its the Pioneer figure from Dixon; officer w/helmet holding a map.

Thank you.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:13 pm

I guess it depends on the size of your brigadier bases. I personally wouldn't use three models for a brigadier stand. I normally use only one, but I DO plan on using the model handing the glass and the mounted officer together for a brigadier... They just barely fit.

There is an ongoing series planned for the blog on building command stands and other vignettes... I think the first one appears next week. I also have an article planned on converting officers because I found I quickly ran out of stock characters after four or five units.

There are lots of cool models in the horse and cuirassiers sets that would make good brigadiers.
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

Post by Redmist1122 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:50 am

Clarence,
Looking forward to the command stands and vignette series. I'm using 2" fender washers for Brigadiers. You're right, more than two looks to busy.

Thank you.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:23 pm

I generally use one mounted figure for cavalry brigadiers and two foot figures for infantry brigadiers, wing commanders I use two mounted figures and three or more foot figures. My army command stands can be three mounted and even a few foot figures thrown in for effect.
Cheers
Dave