The Jocks are back in DERBY!

Info and chat about wargaming weekend events arranged by LEAGUE OF AUGSBURG in both England and Scotland
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: The Jocks are back in DERBY!

Post by obriendavid » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:28 am

sharnydubs wrote:Looking forward to seeing your photos and how my various campaigning troops performed on the days.
Peter
Likewise!!! although I supplied troops for both sides so my troops won a great victory 8) Just sorry to miss Gunter's talk on the Saxons, perhaps he should write something for all the forum members?
Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:59 am

I will email the photo album around to you Peter and Dave and Peter Mc as well as the combatants, Bob and Ade...

it was a great game. Day 2 was very dramatic! :shock: 8)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Greystreak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Greystreak » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:44 pm

Just a quick 'teaser' before the 'official' photos come out, to give the absent chaps some 'flavour' for the field of battle . . .

Day1

Day 2

Bryce
tonyd
Private
Private

Post by tonyd » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:54 pm

As a French exile (General Langeron) for the Sunday component of the game I'm glad that I did my duty to my motherland and allow Bill to steamroller me off the table on the Allied left.

My crafty throwing of 4 consecutive 1's at a critical time was just part of my game plan and I'm glad that it paid off!

Thanks to the organisers and players for an excellent weekend of wargaming and I hope to see you all again.

Regards
Tony Dillon
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:11 pm

Greystreak wrote:Just a quick 'teaser' before the 'official' photos come out, to give the absent chaps some 'flavour' for the field of battle . . .
Who's the dodgy looking character on the left first pic of day 2? :lol:
Hope Barry managed to keep him under control?
Battlefield shots look great!

Cheers
Dave
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:17 pm

tonyd wrote: My crafty throwing of 4 consecutive 1's at a critical time was just part of my game plan and I'm glad that it paid off!
Regards
Tony Dillon
Have you been to the Alan Cuggy school of dice rolling?
I used to think my dice was bad until I met him :lol:
Cheers
Dave
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:00 pm

Gents

I would like to give a big THANK YOU to all of our Guest that attended the Napoleonic Weekend and for making it very enjoyable and a pleasure for Barry, Bob and myself to host.

There were so many highlights I would need a couple of hours to post them all up........and sometimes it's not the dramatic cavalry charge or the last heroic stand that makes my list but mine tend to be the dramatically funny ones. Tony mentioned in a previous posting about how he was 'partial' to rolling 1's over the weekend.......in the same vane, Colin (known by us all now as 'The Brigadier Killer') also had a run on the dice. He endeavoured to throw 6's with great ease whenever his commanders were attached to units that were in combat. I think most of his troops didn't even get time to learn their new Brigadier's name, before he bit the dust and a new one was hurriedly called for!!!

As those of you that have been to any of The LoA Weekenders previously, the 'social' side of the weekends is also great. The 'info exchanging', the banter and 'friendly mick-taking' that flows along (both during the game and especially in the bar!) is also very memorable. A new element of this was introduced at Derby with Gunter Heim very kindly presenting a lecture on The Saxon Army. This was not only very informative, but with Gunter being a proud Saxon, he was open and kind enough to also give us an insight into The Saxon psyche about their European Neighbours of the time.

Again, thank you Gunter on behalf of us all there.

Barry, Bob and I are really looking forward to hosting the October '1690/1700' Weekender where apart from the game, we have another Saturday evening's entertainment lined up for our guests.....an hours distraction which we believe will be....... competitive, light-hearted and fun!

Adrian
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:09 pm

I think the bloke from Napoli was affectionately known as 'Tally Keef' the ice cream vendor................

Did a wizard pistacchio sundae!

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:08 pm

Dear Friends,

Comming home a few minutes ago I am allready sad dont having more time to talk with any of you. It was a great weekend for me and I am still impressed by the rules, the terrain of Adrian, the performance of my generals Bill P., Glenn, Keith, Alan and Collin, the Hero of the Weekend :wink:.
Also I want to thank all my gracious enemies of this weekend: Gerry,Tony, Bryce, Bill and Young Luke "Frenchcracker" :D.
It was great fun and I am proud to call you all my Friends.
My special thanks go to Barry, Adrian and "Taxi" Bob who made my appearance a very special one. Helping me with my travel to and from Derby was very well executed!

Thanks again...and now I must booking the next flight to Derby :D

Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:47 pm

Btw., I think Gerry asked for that if he didnt find it allready:

http://www.brigade-uniform-tafeln.de/in ... re=english

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:52 pm

As addition to Bryce's allready published "Teaser" here are my impressions of the 3 days in Derby for all who was'nt there:
You can take the day from the time stamp on the pics...

The day of my arrivel
The Briefing
The action beginns...
The 'Gelatti-Dealer' and two hungry customers :lol:
The Man in the 'middle'
The "Feldherrnhügel" or Master'shortboot' Barry :wink:
Sad moment...the departure of my new friends

Sorry for some poor quality shots

Until next time

Günter

Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:06 pm

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duke of Plaza-Toro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Duke of Plaza-Toro » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:32 am

Looks like everyone had a fantastic time.

Great looking game. I'm rather envious...

DPT
In enterprise of martial kind, When there was any fighting, He led his regiment from behind -
He found it less exciting.

http://worldcrisisinminiature.wordpress.com/
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:03 am

obriendavid wrote:.... Just sorry to miss Gunter's talk on the Saxons, perhaps he should write something for all the forum members?
Cheers
Dave
How far do you want me to go back or should it be only the "Age of Napoleon"? If so I put it in the "Raising the Saxon Army 1810-1813"-tread. Either way I put the historical details of this Army in both of my treads so you can read all of it anyway.

Now, back to work...Oh, how I hate it :evil:
hmmm must stop thinking in english :wink:

Cheers
Günter

barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:56 am

I did some downloading last night when I got back from Germany so I will upload the first batch of pictures later today. I will send the big photo album out by email but needemail addresses..

I have Alan, Gerry,Bob,Ade, Bill, Bill, Gunter,Colin but am missing Keith, Glenn, Luke, Tony, Bryce.
Will send to DOB, Peter, Peter of course!

If you are reading this and not on the list send your address to wordtwister@hotmail.co.uk if you want the pix

cheers

B

Henry Ford