OCTOBER MUSTER 2013 - DERBY

Info and chat about wargaming weekend events arranged by LEAGUE OF AUGSBURG in both England and Scotland
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

OCTOBER MUSTER 2013 - DERBY

Post by barr7430 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:51 am

Dear All,

I am finishing the details for the big weekender in October and will supplement this post with details between now and then. Big question first off:

Does anyone want to field their own troops ie bring along something they have already painted? I know Colin has some Huguenots he likes to get killed so if you plan on showing up with some of your own regiments please let me know when you can so that they are rostered.

Looking forward to it!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Russian James
Colonel
Colonel

Re: OCTOBER MUSTER 2013 - DERBY

Post by Russian James » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:04 pm

At the risk of copying some people's 'accelerated promotion' schemes, I'll put my forces down for inclusion...

Do I need to say that they are all fighting for His Grace James VII, the true King?

1 Battalion Dumbarton's Foot (24 figs)

1 Battalion Sir Alex. Maclean's Foot (24 figs)

1 Battalion Scots Militia (18 figs)

1 Battalion Purcell's Irish Foot (24 figs)

1 stand converged Grenadiers (5 figs)

1 Squadron Maule's horse (6 figs)

1 Squadron Dunbar's Horse (6 figs)

1 Divisional commander (Graham of Claverhouse, Viscount Dundee)

2 Brigadiers

...all personnel now busy writing their last will and testaments and checking their life insurance policies!
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:10 pm

barr7430 wrote:Dear All,

I am finishing the details for the big weekender in October and will supplement this post with details between now and then. Big question first off:

Does anyone want to field their own troops ie bring along something they have already painted? I know Colin has some Huguenots he likes to get killed so if you plan on showing up with some of your own regiments please let me know when you can so that they are rostered.

Looking forward to it!
Hm... I bringing with me "a few" Battalions and "a few" guns. I dont have to play with them but I want to show them.
I think to play with 32 Battalion, 15 guns and 32 'BlB'-Squadrons would go beyond the scope :wink: :D

Edit: Colin, I have 15 Commanders :wink:

Here is my OOB:
http://www.digam.net/image.php?file=dok ... .jpg&b=850
Last edited by Friedrich August I. on Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
ColinN
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by ColinN » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:00 pm

barr7430 wrote: I know Colin has some Huguenots he likes to get killed
Two and a half battalions of foot ready to go (should be 3 by October)... and plenty of brigadiers (somebody suggested I might need them, ok many people, ok everybody).
Russian James wrote:At the risk of copying some people's 'accelerated promotion' schemes
Happy to provide guidance on how not to roll for officer casualties, consultancy fees can be negotiated at the bar :D
Friedrich August I. wrote:I think to play with 32 Battalion, 15 guns and 32 'BlB'-Squadrons
Can I be on your side?
"Colin Kills Kings, Colonels and Commoners... an equal opportunities employer"

http://khakidrab.blogspot.co.uk/
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:59 pm

Dear All,

please bring what you want. This weekends gaming will be much different from the previous experience. Gunter, your Saxons will even get to fight Swedes :twisted:

Henry Ford
Russian James
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Russian James » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:48 pm

Forgive my failing memory, but wasn't this weekend trailered as the siege of 'Derry...?

Saxons vs Swedes???
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:54 pm

Russian James wrote:Forgive my failing memory, but wasn't this weekend trailered as the siege of 'Derry...?

Saxons vs Swedes???
I am under the Impression that some "invaders" from the South meet some "invaders" from the North by a damned bridge... :wink: :D

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Russian James
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Russian James » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:04 pm

Curiouser and curiouser... :shock:
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:34 pm

Yes you are correct Jim but I plan to give attendees a wider experience of the period between 1690 - 1720. All the scenarios will be historically accurate but rather than play one enormous game which might mean periods of inactivity here and there on occasions I have opted for a multi scenario set up with battles from key theatres: Jacobite, Flanders and possibly GNW. This means players will get a chance to rotate with opponents and partners, experience all of the aspects of BLB and experiment with different forces. We have a variety of different little add-ons to keep the whole thing spinning over the 2 days. Played out on Ade's superb terrain it should make for a very interesting and enjoyable weekend of gaming.

Hope that still chimes well with you

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:09 am

That sounds familiar :D
Only thing I cant guarantee is if and how many Horsemen I will have to bring with me. 5 Regiments did not leave GB as intended so they will eventually arrive to late to be taken with me.... :roll:

Russian James
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Russian James » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:07 am

Certainly sounds interesting Barry, if not confusing... :shock:
Adam Hayes
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Adam Hayes » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:28 pm

I can bring along Tyrconnells Horse (2 squadrons) but don't have to be the one commanding them. I am also just finishing up a neat little brigantine if there is a watery element to any of the games...
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:24 am

Barry,
Referring to the mails you sent me I can confirm that now 7 Cuirassier Regiments of 18 Figures each "from Austria" and 1 Regiment of 24 Figures "from Scotland" will be available for Derby. That are 27 BlB Squadrons.
I hope that will suffice :D :wink:

Cheers,
Günter

barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:23 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think the Swedes will find that statement as funny as I did Gunter!

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:47 am

barr7430 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think the Swedes will find that statement as funny as I did Gunter!
We all know that the Saxons had in most engagements with the Swedes a numerical superiority but that means almost nothing because they only stood around and received charge after charge to give way finally to the onslaught.

That I muster 8 Regiments of Cuirassiers is on one part very nice but has the reason that on one hand my painter provided me with one "wrong" Regiment and on the other hand the time was to short to raise 4 more Dragoon Regiments which would have completed my Army.