GAMES IN MARCH AND OCTOBER - YOUR VIEW + POLL

Info and chat about wargaming weekend events arranged by LEAGUE OF AUGSBURG in both England and Scotland

Which are your top 3 theatres of choice for the weekender(s)

Scanian War 1676-79
3%
Ireland 1689-92
27%
Scotland 1689-90
18%
Flanders 1688-97
27%
WSS1701-1714
9%
GNW 1700-1721
15%

Total votes: 33
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

GAMES IN MARCH AND OCTOBER - YOUR VIEW + POLL

Post by barr7430 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:16 pm

The format used last October with 4 games in 4 theatres is the way to go. As I am now planning the scenarios I would be interested in your views on what COULD be included.

I am inclined to include one DONNYBROOK table from the 4 or 5 (depending on numbers which at the moment are looking very healthy). each weekender will have different games.

Register your top 3 options in the poll
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: GAMES IN MARCH AND OCTOBER - YOUR VIEW + POLL

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:18 am

As far as I am concerned GNW alone would have done the trick on 3 of 4 to 5 tables. To get the folks out of that "Island of the North"- thinking :wink:

After the weekender in October I will decide about being part of the weekenders as there seem to be no Napoleonic on the "English Wars" dominated horizon :roll:

Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:20 am

Actually Gunter we just played a Sorauren Napoleonic day yesterday in the one day format. 10 players on 2 x 10 feet by 6 tables. Interesting scenarios which went to the last throw of the last turn. Victory on on table to the Allies and on the other to the French.

Choosing the weekender v one day agenda is always a tricky balance. We did Napoleonics for quite some time as you remember and with the appearance of Warfare, innovations in Lily Banner and now Donnybrook we have chosen to major on the 17th/18th century for a while.

We are around for a few years(I hope) so don't give up hope! I know you are just looking for a reason to get you Napoleonic Saxons on the table! :wink:

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:58 am

barr7430 wrote:Actually Gunter we just played a Sorauren Napoleonic day yesterday in the one day format. 10 players on 2 x 10 feet by 6 tables. Interesting scenarios which went to the last throw of the last turn. Victory on on table to the Allies and on the other to the French.

Choosing the weekender v one day agenda is always a tricky balance. We did Napoleonics for quite some time as you remember and with the appearance of Warfare, innovations in Lily Banner and now Donnybrook we have chosen to major on the 17th/18th century for a while.

We are around for a few years(I hope) so don't give up hope! I know you are just looking for a reason to get you Napoleonic Saxons on the table! :wink:
Barry,
I was aware of the this event as Bob pointed it to me but as you know I would have to travel a very long distance to attend to such an event and the expense would not have been worth the effort.

So far I was only at one Napoleonic Weekender in March 2012 where I met all of you the first time. What followed was 3 BlB Events and not two more.
So I wanted to put down this Suggestion.

But as I am weak minded and some kind of a lunatic :D I'm looking at my next 2 projects; one of which is to do a certain part of a Reichsarmee 1703 under the lead of the Markgrave of Baden.(Help Section)

Cheers,
Günter

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:26 pm

Yes Gunter that is much more a matter of timing as so far we have done:

2 Peninsular
2 1812
1 1813
3 1815

games perhaps just prior to your/coincidental with you joining us. I totally agree coming over for 1 day of gaming is crazy DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!

I am nowa little confused however... The ReichsArmee 1703 under Baden is NOT NAPOLEONIC! What are you saying you crazy man? You are now going to build even more forces for the BLB period???

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:34 pm

barr7430 wrote:....I am nowa little confused however... The ReichsArmee 1703 under Baden is NOT NAPOLEONIC! What are you saying you crazy man? You are now going to build even more forces for the BLB period???
Yes, we can! :lol:

No Naps indeed :wink:

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:34 am

So, what conclusion has been drawn from this poll?
Does a Saxon Army take part in the wars of the West or should it remain within the borders of my Kingdom?
Only 3 weeks to go and to know :wink:

barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

The Saxons must march west Herr General!

Please let me know the precise order of battle which will face the Swedes.. thank you! 8)

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:09 pm

barr7430 wrote:The Saxons must march west Herr General!

Please let me know the precise order of battle which will face the Swedes.. thank you! 8)
They are all at your diposal just tell me how many you "need"!
What battle? Klissow again or Fraustadt?
Troops are including a Cuirassier Regiment that has changed clothes (NO, not their underware!) and 4 dismounted Dragoon Regiments.

Cant say if they will make it in time but maybe the Styrum Dragoons and the Hohenzollern Cuirassiers may stop by and visit the Armies.

Cheers,
Günter