Autumn 2016 - Weekender

Info and chat about wargaming weekend events arranged by LEAGUE OF AUGSBURG in both England and Scotland
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Re: Autumn 2016 - Weekender

Post by j1mwallace » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:52 am

Dave. Local farmers are actually having severe problems with wild boar in and around Dumfries (New abbey and Mabie forest actually) I saw 2 early on Monday morning. A local hunter has organised shoots .
I of course keep my collapsible boar spear in the car. near my Nike's and brown trousers !
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:45 pm

Today everyone will have received an update containing three things:

1. Dispatches
2. Most recent orbat
3. Asset price list

All are applicable. If you need/want to do anything with your info please mail me.

If you want to communicate with each other please do so via your chosen methods. IF YOU WANT TO MAKE PUBLIC HERE ON THE FORUM, GOSSIP, RUMOUR, INCIDENT, PROPAGANDA, SLURS, LIES, ACCUSATIONS, INNUENDOS etc that is your call.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
arthur1905
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by arthur1905 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:51 pm

To, His Most royal majesty King James the second, by the Grace of God the King of England, Scotland, france andIreland, defender of the true faith etc.
From: your most loyal and devoted subject and commander James Fitzjames, Duke of Berwick
The 17th June in the year of his lord 1692
Sir,
A note to inform you that I have taken in your honour the town of Tiverton in the county of Devon and if I may be so bold would like to name Colonel’s Purcell and Carroll for their gallant action in this endeavour.
We suffered only very minor losses and have seizes several months of supplies, numerous cannon I am most pleased to inform you that almost all of Beaumont’s regiment of foot did abandon there command and swear loyalty to you, being the only true King of England, etc.
I await you instructions,
James
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:23 pm

Aha! the info is trickling in!

In this AGE OF THE iPAD is seems that some of you think that I have sent you blank dispatches! All were written on Powerpoint and I guess if the iPad does not have Microsoft office you won't be able to open it. I will remedy that by sending the dispatches in future as pdfs. In the interim for those who have written to say you cant read it. I will embed the text in an email.

A question from someone said: My new orbat showed less troops than the first orbat, is that a mistake?
Eh. no! They are dying! :shock: It is a war you know! 8)

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:01 pm

quite a bit of recruiting has been going on. Some people have even been splashing the cash!

But, is the intel getting through from commander to commander?

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:28 am

A question was posed about the situation in Scotland. Here is the Daily Trumpet answer for public consumption:

Scotland has been invaded but not conquered. Large pockets of pro-William territory still exist but are not necessarily out in arms only smouldering. These are - Dumfries and South West, Ayrshire, Lanarkshire, west and mid Lothian, Argyllshire, some of Sutherland, some of Fife. Garrisons hold out in certain towns and castles. Most are not invested as the invading army does not have the manpower. The French landing hooked up with the Jacobite Scots Army and cut a swathe towards the border but, they are not pacifying and possessing, merely cutting through and slashing!

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:19 pm

I think the Williamite generals are either asleep, incompetent or closet Jacobites! :shock

Chatter, orders, enquiries and schemes originating from the Jacobite camp are legion. So far I have heard from one Williamite commander on a semi regular basis and another, very intermittently. The rest... well, maybe they are saving their talk for the battlefield but the Jacobites are full of pep and vim!

Watch out King Billy!

Henry Ford
billwargames
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by billwargames » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:02 am

To, His Most royal majesty King James the second, by the Grace of God the King of England, Scotland, andIreland, defender of the true faith etc.
From your most humble servant General Mackay of Scourie.
I beg your majesty's indulgence but I can no longer suffer the oppressive yoke of a foreign pretender to the throne the defeats that we have suffered under this foreign William has brought suffering and pain to the people of our great land. I therefore beseech you to allow my humble self to swear allegiance to you and put myself and my troops under your command.
With your aid and support the North of England is open to us.
With your permission I will raise a standard to you and ask all those loyal to you to come to my aid with troops and supplies so we can form an army of the North and push into England and bring them once again under your command.
My troops are battle weary and in need of supplies and I ask if you can
send any aid so we can rally them to your standard and prepare for your retaking of the North.
Your Humble servant
General Mackay of Scourie
biomed
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Post by j1mwallace » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:25 am

General Mackay.
We are on our way.

M
arthur1905
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by arthur1905 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:49 pm

General Mackay,

By the good grace of God and King James II of England, Scotland and Ireland etc, I offer all and any support that I can give included the use of the ship i recently liberated.

Your Servent

James, Duke of Berwick
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:08 pm

now Britain is truly ablaze! Is the Jacobite Juggernaut due to smash through everything in its path or will the Williamite war wagon wrestle it to the ground!

Not long to g to find out. I will be there to record faithfully the events and play them back in impartial fashion :wink:

Henry Ford
ColinN
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by ColinN » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:58 pm

General Mackay,

I sincerely recommend that you take the generous offer of a ship from the Duke of Berwick and get your treacherous hide embarked upon it forthwith. Further, may I recommend you instruct the master to set sail to a distant foreign port preferably one famed for fever.

Be assured that justice in the form of my battalions is coming for you and any other turncoats in your command. Vengeance will belong to the true King, William.

I trust that God will see us reunited soon so I may place your scurrilous head in a noose.

Marquis de Ruvigny
"Colin Kills Kings, Colonels and Commoners... an equal opportunities employer"

http://khakidrab.blogspot.co.uk/
billwargames
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by billwargames » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:46 am

Greetings James, Duke of Berwick many thanks for your offer of aid and friendship,my troops are on the verge of collapse and starvation ,any supplies that you can bring to my troops will aid them to rise against the Williamitte rebels and smash them on our march south to liberate King James loyal subjects.
If your ship could come to my aid I could use it to ferry my wounded to a safe refuge.
Yours in friendship
by King James II Grace
General Mackay..
biomed
billwargames
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by billwargames » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:10 am

To Rebel Marquis de Ruvigny
I have seen the error of my ways and rallied to the true King I beseech you do the same ,If you beg and lay down before King James II he may grant you indulgence and bring you into his fold, Loyal subjects to King James II are rallying to the standard I have raised in his honour.
I you fail to pledge allegiance I will have no option with the aid of others loyal to King James II to bring your treacherous self to heel.
I have a tree selected that will comfortably accommodate you and any rebellious troops that fail to rally to the true King
By his grace King James II
General Mackay..
biomed
ColinN
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by ColinN » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:52 pm

General Mackay,

I could never bend the knee to your chosen liege as I cannot abide the company he keeps.

There are not enough trees in the kingdom to hang all those who will resist the craven Jacobites. Your cause is lost.

I trust any of your juniors seeing this missive will recognise this fact and have the good sense and manners to relieve you of your command and perhaps your head.

R.
"Colin Kills Kings, Colonels and Commoners... an equal opportunities employer"

http://khakidrab.blogspot.co.uk/