GNW rules

Conflict between the Swedes and their various neighbours between 1670s and 1721. Including topics on Danes, Saxons, Saxon-Polish, Russians and anyone else the boys in blue were mixing it with!
tykemalcolm

GNW rules

Post by tykemalcolm » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:14 pm

Barry,

When I talked to you at Historicon, you mentioned that you were working on a GNW rules set. Is there any progress?

Malc.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GNW rules

Post by barr7430 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:37 pm

Well, the short answer is yes.. they are actually finished even then. The slight hiccup is where they sit in the queue for attention and love by Mr Designer! This is where I get my own back on him :lol: .. you listening Mr H??? :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
RogerC
Colonel
Colonel

Post by RogerC » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:56 am

If you need any play testers .......
Gunfreak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gunfreak » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:55 pm

GNW rules? Separate from BLB 3?
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:01 pm

For clarification:

BLB was/is designed for large battles involving several brigades and has been used successfully for games with 80 battalions and 80 squadrons per side (such as Maplaquet and Ramillies)

Donnybrook is designed for 1 model = 1 man skirmishing in the period

In between these extremes I saw a space for a brigade sized game with variable sized units and more nuance around leader characteristics. This is the set in question. I themed it around the GNW although like BLB it can be used for any pike and shot game in the period.

In summary it is a card driven, brigade sized game will lots of period flavour. Unit can be anything from 6 to 60 models. There are several examples of its play testing on the blog under Skane Wars and various other areas (I think). It will get published, there is not doubt.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford