Shaken units in combat

Dedicated to skirmishing with DONNYBROOK the new set of rules created by Clarence and Barry. Information on the rules, queries on play, battle reports, faction info, new ideas, painting tips, scenarios and chat for skirmish-adventure gaming 1660-1760.
SteveBurt

Shaken units in combat

Post by SteveBurt » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:25 am

Hello all,
Recently acquired Donnybrook and Donnybrook at Sea with a view to using them for Pirate games. ~I’ve had a couple of test games to get the hang of the rules. One thing puzzles me. Why no penalty for shaken units in melee? I’ve tried giving them a -1 penalty to hit and that seems to work fine. Has anyone else tried that?
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Shaken units in combat

Post by obriendavid » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:53 pm

SteveBurt wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:25 am
Hello all,
Recently acquired Donnybrook and Donnybrook at Sea with a view to using them for Pirate games. ~I’ve had a couple of test games to get the hang of the rules. One thing puzzles me. Why no penalty for shaken units in melee? I’ve tried giving them a -1 penalty to hit and that seems to work fine. Has anyone else tried that?
Shaken units can’t advance on an enemy to initiate h2h but if they are charged then they would fight as hard as they can to defend themselves and remember the attackers get to hit first.
Dave