Here we are.. Donnybrook Forum

Dedicated to skirmishing with DONNYBROOK the new set of rules created by Clarence and Barry. Information on the rules, queries on play, battle reports, faction info, new ideas, painting tips, scenarios and chat for skirmish-adventure gaming 1660-1760.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here we are.. Donnybrook Forum

Post by barr7430 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:38 pm

As the rules will be released within the next 4 weeks we thought it would be a good idea to open up a new Forum area for chat and ideas.

WI issue 315 January 2014 has a colourful six page article on Donnybrook written by both Clarence and myself giving the ideas and motivation behind the rules.

Pre orders will open the week before Christmas with a nice offer.

Welcome to Donnybrook!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

Re: Here we are.. Donnybrook Forum

Post by Redmist1122 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:17 am

Barry and Clarence,
Looking forward to the final product. Should I place a pre-order with you or Le Roi Soleil? Went and got my hands on WI #315, you're article looks very inspiring.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:51 am

LRS will have the book almost immediately. The delay will simply be the time that a Forwarder takes to get some boxes across the ocean.

I will open for pre orders probably the week before Christmas. We'd hope to ship beginning week 2, 2014.

The article looks good, I was pleased. I don't know if Clarence has seen it yet.

Henry Ford
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

Post by Redmist1122 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:10 pm

Barry,
I'll send an email to Bob over at LRS and work it from there. He provides exceptional service for us folks in the U.S.

BTW - I finally have my odd-ball pieces I need to give me a decent Occult faction. Using a Headless Horseman from West Wind Miniatures as the "Hero".
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:25 pm

Redmist1122 wrote: I finally have my odd-ball pieces I need to give me a decent Occult faction. Using a Headless Horseman from West Wind Miniatures as the "Hero".
Their 'Sleepy Hollow' range would be perfect for a Donnybrook faction.
I look forward to seeing the force once you finish painting them.
Cheers
Dave
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:26 pm

Redmist1122 wrote:.... Using a Headless Horseman from West Wind Miniatures as the "Hero".
Sounds a bit like "Sleepy Hollow" to me :D :wink:

seems that Dave outgunned me by a minute on that :lol:
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:53 pm

It finally seems that I found some kind of approach even to this area :wink: :D
Since the first mentioning of the coming rules of Donnybrook I envied all for their choosen parties who were able to take part with a historic force.

A few minutes ago I found my "force" for it.
It was the time of August the Strong that this man - Lips Tullian - and his Band of Robbers and Murderes, called " The Black Guard" harassed the Saxon Electorate.

http://img.zvab.com/member/81476t/56162352.jpg

The Timeline is very suitable because I can use the GNW Miniatures for that too :D

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

Post by Redmist1122 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:08 pm

Gunter,
Oh man...that is awesome! Any ideas on what they wore? A black and grey color scheme?
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:25 pm

Friedrich August I. wrote: Since the first mentioning of the coming rules of Donnybrook I envied all for their choosen parties who were able to take part with a historic force.
A few minutes ago I found my "force" for it.
It was the time of August the Strong that this man - Lips Tullian - and his Band of Robbers and Murderes, called " The Black Guard" harassed the Saxon Electorate.
I look forward to seeing them once they are finished Gunter, I'm sure they will be up to your usual high standard.
Cheers
Dave
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:19 am

Completely missed the creation of this forum section!

I finished the book today and hope to have it off to the printer tomorrow on Monday. I am really looking forward to getting it in circulation. We've had a blast with the game and I'm looking forward to hearing about other people's adventures.

Gunter, the Black Guard sounds like the perfect inspiration for an Outlaw force!
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:02 am

The Black Guard may look like Greg said as they sent their Members into the towns and areas they intend to plunder clad in black cleric like tunics.
It is only known that Lips Tullian liked to look and act like a gentleman robber.

Besides of this there are many tales about their deeds as they had a free hand for about 12 Years when August the Strong finally started to do something for the inner security in his country.

Lips Tullian seems to had a start as murderer when he had a duell as a Dragoon Officer killing his adversary. He quited the service of the Imperial Dragoon Regiment and started to robb his way through Bavaria, Bohemia and Saxony. His followers were growing in size, some frome the military some from other sources.
A funny sidekick seems to be that Tullian had worked together with the "goldmaker" Boettcher while he was hiding as a apothecary when he find his hang to alchemy and occult things:-).
So far to the history.

barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:44 pm

Keep up Harrison! B minus on your report card

Henry Ford
ken160

Post by ken160 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:14 pm

For those that are interested i have put a review of my impressions of the game on my clubs forum

http://cardiffwargames.org/forum/viewto ... 285#p20285