Which faction will YOU do?

Dedicated to skirmishing with DONNYBROOK the new set of rules created by Clarence and Barry. Information on the rules, queries on play, battle reports, faction info, new ideas, painting tips, scenarios and chat for skirmish-adventure gaming 1660-1760.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Which faction will YOU do?

Post by obriendavid » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:35 pm

Elysium64 wrote:Only got the rules the other day, but primarily thinking of doing a British West Country setting, with the following factions, Cornish Smugglers, Cultists (think Wicker Man),
I remember seeing a review a while back by some company that actually produces a wicker man figure complete with sacrificial figures.
Cheers
Dave
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:18 pm

obriendavid wrote:
Elysium64 wrote:Only got the rules the other day, but primarily thinking of doing a British West Country setting, with the following factions, Cornish Smugglers, Cultists (think Wicker Man),
I remember seeing a review a while back by some company that actually produces a wicker man figure complete with sacrificial figures.
Cheers
Dave
this one?

http://ainstycastings.co.uk/product_inf ... cts_id/803
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Clint

Post by Clint » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:25 pm

Clint wrote:I purchased the rules at Salute. Not 100% sure which setting or factions I might do at present although Tangiers might be a strong possibility as I already have some terrain suitable but in 20mm.

Or as I live a mile from the river Medway the Anglo Dutch wars is also a strong possibility. Having said all that I am bound to settle on something very different as the rules are very flexible that way and I have "Wargames ADHD". :D
Having digested the rules and settings I can make a more accurate prediction of the Factions I plan to use. It now looks like I will endeavour to do the Conquest of New Spain. While this is a little earlier that the suggested periods in the rules I feel that the rules will lend themselves pretty well to it.

Still on the background reading, but fairly certain it will be Hernan Cortes, Aztecs, Conquistadors and Incas for me. I hope Barry et al. approve.

Cheers Clint
yar68
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by yar68 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:00 pm

Sounds like a plan Clint!!
Ray

Yay...I say yay..............Yay!

http://onelover-ray.blogspot.com/
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:28 pm

Of course we approve!! Please let us see any pictures you take... sounds like a great plan!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford