IMPORTANT: TO ALL DONNYBROOK PREORDER CUSTOMERS

Dedicated to skirmishing with DONNYBROOK the new set of rules created by Clarence and Barry. Information on the rules, queries on play, battle reports, faction info, new ideas, painting tips, scenarios and chat for skirmish-adventure gaming 1660-1760.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

IMPORTANT: TO ALL DONNYBROOK PREORDER CUSTOMERS

Post by barr7430 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:01 pm

Dear All,

first of all let me thank you for supporting Donnybrook. Pre order sales were very good and that has helped us manage our considerable costs in terms of investment for the publication.

Now, the important news. I have seen a couple of comments from buyers regarding postage costs. I accept that postage was high on the book but want to offer some qualifying information to explain the initial position:

When we put the book up for pre order (at the special offer price of £24.50) we had to estimate the book weight in order to make the transactions valid. At that point we had no copies to weigh. The book is made from much heavier paper stock than BLB or R2E therefore we knew it was likely to be significantly heavier. We test weighed some blank samples and they came out at nearly 690g. This was right on the cusp of a 'cost bracket' increase for Royal Mail. If we'd estimated low we'd have had to pay heavy additional shipping costs without charging customers. Added to the discount this would have been financially pretty punishing due to the anticipated pre order demand. We therefore estimated the weight as per 'trial'. In event, when the book arrived it weighed only 600g. By then the postage had been 'bought' by customers. When we took the very large pre order to the post office we left the consignment with them to 'stamp and post' with instructions as to the postage rates. Otherwise we may have been murdered by pensioners queueing for their pensions! When I saw a blog review of the book mentioning second class post I was shocked as we send nothing 2nd class. We then checked the postal receipts. We found out that although all overseas shipments had been sent as per instructions, most UK deliveries had gone 2nd class despite our specific instructions to send first or recorded.
For this, we sincerely apologize. Their fault for not reading but our fault for not checking the receipts. By then it would have been too late but at least we could have told you. So, very sorry for that.

So, in an effort to prove that we are not total money grabbing bastards we are happy to do the following:
This applies to all online purchasers of Donnybrook from 1st order till today 2050 GMT.

Clarence and I are currently working on several pdf supplements for Donnybrook. They will include a 'Dark' supplement and several period specific options before and after 1660-1760. We reckon the RRP of these will be around the £6.99 mark. The first should appear over the next few weeks.
The above customers (we have you all on file of course!) will receive the pdf of their choice free. This should more than cover any overpayment on postage. All you need to do is email us when the one you want comes out. We hope this is a clear sign of our commitment to fairness.

Best regards

Barry & Clarence
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
pete17
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: IMPORTANT: TO ALL DONNYBROOK PREORDER CUSTOMERS

Post by pete17 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:29 pm

Compared to Empress miniatures who charged me over £11 for ten packs of figures to the UK the seven pound odd postage I paid for Donnybrook was a bargain.

cheers and look forward to receiving the book, Pete
yar68
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by yar68 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:45 pm

A very kind offer Barry, personally I took no notice of the postage costs, I wanted it, so I bought it! And I bet most would admit the same.
Ray

Yay...I say yay..............Yay!

http://onelover-ray.blogspot.com/
Efoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Efoe » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:49 pm

Does this include European posting costs as well?

I indeed paid a hefty 11,5 pounds for posting cost. Which made me gasp a bit when I noticed the invoice. (But in the end, it was worth it). Yet a free supplement by your hand? I cannot see how I would not want this? ;)

So if I meet the above criteria: YES PLEASE.
(Ivo Bleijenberg)
(and yes Ivo is indeed pronounched E-Foe)
Last edited by Efoe on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holywell Hill
Private
Private

Post by Holywell Hill » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:01 pm

This demonstrates the fair and reasonable customer care that will keep us loyal to the League of Augsberg. Not every business shows such an empathetic attitude. Well done Barry!
Schnapphahn

Post by Schnapphahn » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:38 pm

Wow, this is most generous of you, thanks!
I have no problem with the postage I paid, but I should have even less of a problem with whatever PDF you might throw in my general direction. :)
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:44 pm

Good to hear everyone. Stand by.. we'll be in touch! 8)

Henry Ford
robfab1

Post by robfab1 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:09 pm

I guess I am probably too late but did these supplements ever appear? I purchased a copy of Donnybrook when it was initially published and was looking forward to the supplements mentioned in this topic but I never heard any more and just forgot about it until now.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:00 am

Still on the cards but life got in the way in 2015.. annus horribilis

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:25 am

barr7430 wrote:Still on the cards but life got in the way in 2015.. annus horribilis
I think Barry's predictive text took over he meant to say "he's a horrible arse" 8-)

Cheers
Dave
yar68
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by yar68 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:31 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ray

Yay...I say yay..............Yay!

http://onelover-ray.blogspot.com/