example card decks

Dedicated to skirmishing with DONNYBROOK the new set of rules created by Clarence and Barry. Information on the rules, queries on play, battle reports, faction info, new ideas, painting tips, scenarios and chat for skirmish-adventure gaming 1660-1760.
MikeH
Corporal
Corporal

example card decks

Post by MikeH » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:13 pm

hi all

I've been playing around with some template cards that can be edited and then printed out for players to use in their games

they are PowerPoint files and I wanted to check with one of the mods that it's ok to post them here before I break a rule and Barry sends me off to stand in the naughty corner, to think about what I've done (he's very strict you know)

as well as doing cards for the card deck I've also done some unit information cards, that have the similar info to the Roster sheet, the idea being players can put the cards into standard sized card sleeves and then write details of a unit or a character on the sleeve in dry marker

if its ok I'll post links to them

cheers

Mike
Catch me on Twitter;

https://twitter.com/M_A_Hobbs
quindia
General
General

Re: example card decks

Post by quindia » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:35 pm

You are welcome to post fan made material (in fact I encourage it) as long as it doesn't include rule data, such as special character cards with defined special ability rules on them (I often add the rules on my custom cards so I don't forget them when the character comes up).

I have a series planned for the blog on various methods to make cards, but I simply haven't had to sit down and take the requisite photos to go along with the articles.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:15 am

I'm not strict!...
Hard but fair! :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
MikeH
Corporal
Corporal

Post by MikeH » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:33 am

Hi all

Here are some links to some card templates I’ve created that I thought I would share as they may be useful to people, the templates are PowerPoint files and work for PowerPoint 2007 and above

The general idea was to create a set of fairly generic cards that players could use to create a deck that could be easily adapted for different games.

There are 2 templates that I’ve created and each one shares some settings,

Each slide has 3 cards on it, the cards are designed to be printed out on A4 paper and when cut out and folded should fit into a standard card sleeves (like the ones the cool kids use for playing games like magic the gathering)

Template 1 - DonnyBrook Cards template v2

This has the 3 default cards (end turn, reload, event) plus 4 sets of templates which cover 4 different armies, I want to play Donnybrook using some great Northern War figures so I very done those first, plus I’ve included templates for British and French armies as well.

Each card has the army name, a coat of arms (stolen from Wikipedia) and a generic unit name (like unit 1, unit 2 etc) all of this info can be changed to match your own armies

Template 2 - DonnyBrook unit cards

Is an alternative to the roster sheet and contains the info on a single character or unit and uses the same naming convention as I have on the activation cards, which means when the Swedish Unit 1 card is turned over the Swedish player knows that Unit 1 is the Musketeer unit with the attached standard bearer

As these fit in card sleeves you can write on them using a dry marker and it will wipe off after a game.

below is a link to an example card deck I’ve put together for a game, so you can see how to edit the cards

Example deck

And finally here’s a picture of some sample cards

I hope these are useful

Cheers

Mike
Catch me on Twitter;

https://twitter.com/M_A_Hobbs
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:02 pm

Hobbs! go to the front of the class! Get a Gold Star and no need to stay behind today!

See..... I'm a big softie really :lol:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Spiraluk
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Post by Spiraluk » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:19 pm

Great stuff Mike :)
Bill T

"Here to add tone to an otherwise vulgar brawl"
www.musketeer-miniatures.com