Donnybrook Diaries - parts 1,2 and 3!

Dedicated to skirmishing with DONNYBROOK the new set of rules created by Clarence and Barry. Information on the rules, queries on play, battle reports, faction info, new ideas, painting tips, scenarios and chat for skirmish-adventure gaming 1660-1760.
Bitbag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Donnybrook Diaries - parts 1,2 and 3!

Post by Bitbag » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:30 pm

Hi all
Happy New Year and all that....it's been a while, as we've been moving house, but I have to confess....... that I've caught the 'Donnybug'!! :D

I've started to record my thoughts and progress of my new project on the blog - I only got the rules the other day, and I'm hooked already! I am going slightly earlier into the 17th century than 1660, back to the time of the English Civil War (more my period), and I'm creating two basic 4 point factions for the 1650 Dunbar era - a New Model Army force, and a Covenanter force. Later, I'll add characters and maybe expand the armies to 6 point forces. So far, I've started painting my figures, and have created my 'pack' of unit cards. Hope you like them! Feel free to leave any comments. :)

http://haveacare.blogspot.co.uk/

Best wishes, and it's nice to be back after a two month hiatus!

Andy
quindia
General
General

Re: Donnybrook Diaries - parts 1,2 and 3!

Post by quindia » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:57 pm

Hi, Andy!

Of course Donnybrook will work great for the ECW, especially with the Army factions you are building! I have been tempted to loot my VWQ armies and rebase them for Donnybrook.

I look forward to seeing more...
Bitbag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Donnybrook Diaries - parts 1,2 and 3!

Post by Bitbag » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:21 pm

Hi Clarence. Cheers for the kind words! Just wondered if you fancied the templates for the cards that were on the blog, for the League of Augsburg blog. I know part of the fun is making your own, but a few people have asked about them, and I'd be happy to share them. The Windows word file might need a bit of tweaking as it's an older version of MS Windows :shock:

No worries if not, but just thought I'd share stuff 8) let me know
Best wishes......and don't spoil your beautiful ECW collection by rebasing them..... just paint more ECW........lol :lol:

Andy