My rules questions

Dedicated to skirmishing with DONNYBROOK the new set of rules created by Clarence and Barry. Information on the rules, queries on play, battle reports, faction info, new ideas, painting tips, scenarios and chat for skirmish-adventure gaming 1660-1760.
Sorandir

My rules questions

Post by Sorandir » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:36 pm

Hello there,

I am new in this forum, greetings from Germany to everyone :D

I brought the Donnybrook ruleset at the TACTICA Show in Hamburg in february.

I plan to introduce the rules to my gaming buddies.

So here are some of my rules questions:

- is it right, that units can move twice in an round, if they want to charge ?
(I mean: can the unit move in the Movement Phase, then no shooting because they want to charge, then the second movement to charge the enemy?)
- so for example Cavalry in open order are at a charge range of 24" ? (seems quite fast to me...)
- how about units in dense terrrain want to charge ? ( 2 x 2D6 with each of the highest dice to move ?)
- The tribal special rule: War Whoop:
does the negative Morale modifier affect ALL enemies on the WHOLE table ? (then these cries must be very very loud :wink: )
quindia
General
General

Re: My rules questions

Post by quindia » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:06 pm

Welcome to the forum!

- is it right, that units can move twice in an round, if they want to charge ?
(I mean: can the unit move in the Movement Phase, then no shooting because they want to charge, then the second movement to charge the enemy?)

This is correct. The 'second' movement is part of the charge phase. You are also correct about no shooting with most weapons, but remember models with pistols or javelins have the Close Combat special ability which allows them shoot and charge!

- so for example Cavalry in open order are at a charge range of 24" ? (seems quite fast to me...)

Not quite... all charge moves are 6" so cavalry have a range of 18"...

- how about units in dense terrrain want to charge ? ( 2 x 2D6 with each of the highest dice to move ?)

Yes, but resolve each phase separately (i.e. check move distance once in the movement phase and again in the close combat phase).

- The tribal special rule: War Whoop:
does the negative Morale modifier affect ALL enemies on the WHOLE table ? (then these cries must be very very loud :wink: )

Well, technically yes, but units will probably only need to roll morale when enemy units are nearby! All enemy models suffer the penalty. Remember Characters never need check morale because they are made of sterner stuff, but attached Characters are at the mercy of the mob and are carried along with the unit to which they are attached...

Hope that helps... Please chime in if I've missed something, made something murkier, or you come up with more!
Sorandir

Re: My rules questions

Post by Sorandir » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:38 pm

Thanks a lot for your quick answer :D

We´ll start the games, and I think more questions will follow, but perhaps a nice AAR too ...