First game first questions

Dedicated to skirmishing with DONNYBROOK the new set of rules created by Clarence and Barry. Information on the rules, queries on play, battle reports, faction info, new ideas, painting tips, scenarios and chat for skirmish-adventure gaming 1660-1760.
Jeff965
Private First Class
Private First Class

First game first questions

Post by Jeff965 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:44 pm

Q1 When rallying it says roll 5+ in the rules and 6+ in the rules summary which is correct? I'm guessing 5+.
Q2 When fighting in cover with a long sword can you parry and if that fails then take a cover save? I'm guessing yes.
Q3 When in a continuing Melee and your card comes up can you choose to just disengage and move away? I'm guessing yes.

That's it for now thanks for an excellent set of rules, supplements for different periods please ;)
quindia
General
General

Re: First game first questions

Post by quindia » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:09 am

1... Aargh! We proofread this thing for months and I thought we at least found all of the rule discrepancies! Most of the summary sheet was a cut and paste job, but apparently that one line survived from an older version.

Yes, it should be 5+ to rally.

2... Yes you get a parry save AND a cover save...

3... That's not specifically covered because I assumed you cannot leave close combat until one side is forced to do so. I did some fencing in college (like a hundred years ago) and you can't simply move away from someone intent on skewering you. As a compromise, I would allow cavalry to move away from infantry.

All this being said, feel free to modify ANY rules to suit your taste. I won't send Barry to anyone's home to enforce the rules!
Jeff965
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jeff965 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:39 am

Thanks for the prompt reply Clarence, keep up the good work :)
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:20 pm

Yup! I do that!

I come round to your house and........... :twisted:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
janner
Colonel
Colonel

Post by janner » Thu May 01, 2014 8:49 am

barr7430 wrote:Yup! I do that!

I come round to your house and drink all the beer
Fixed that for you! :wink:

On close combat, I suggest that it would also be reasonable in a 2 or 3 on one combat for one of the outnumbering side to withdraw.
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Thu May 01, 2014 10:05 am

I would agree as long as one model remains in contact with each enemy, others may disengage, but units cannot be split so it would require multiple units be involved on an independent character.