Which armylist would suit?

Dedicated to skirmishing with DONNYBROOK the new set of rules created by Clarence and Barry. Information on the rules, queries on play, battle reports, faction info, new ideas, painting tips, scenarios and chat for skirmish-adventure gaming 1660-1760.
raif
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Which armylist would suit?

Post by raif » Mon May 12, 2014 3:55 pm

Hi guys,

If you would create a force for ottomann or kuruc, which armylists would you use?

Militia with rebels for kurucs
Tribal or army for ottomanns
???
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Which armylist would suit?

Post by obriendavid » Mon May 12, 2014 8:36 pm

raif wrote:Hi guys,
If you would create a force for ottomann or kuruc, which armylists would you use?
???
I plan on producing an Ottoman faction and will be using the tribal faction, it probably fits the Turks better especially with the amount of cavalry they are allowed and also the way that drummers and the selection of characters work better with a Turkish army.
Cheers
Dave
raif
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by raif » Tue May 13, 2014 7:53 am

obriendavid wrote:
???
I plan on producing an Ottoman faction and will be using the tribal faction, it probably fits the Turks better especially with the amount of cavalry they are allowed and also the way that drummers and the selection of characters work better with a Turkish army.
Cheers
Dave
Hi dave,
Thanks a lot for your feedback! But did the ottoman not have structures like an ordinary army? Would tribes match these structures? I know we have here a skirmish :-) but how would you implement the janissries and co. ?
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue May 13, 2014 1:00 pm

raif wrote:
obriendavid wrote:
???
Cheers
Dave
Hi dave,
Thanks a lot for your feedback! But did the ottoman not have structures like an ordinary army? Would tribes match these structures? I know we have here a skirmish :-) but how would you implement the janissries and co. ?
The Tribal faction can still take formed infantry armed with bows or muskets which fits in fine with the Janissaries and the heavy cavalry option is perfect for the Spahis and there is also the option of adding artillery which the Turks loved to use.
I had discussed with Barry about doing an Eastern based Donnybrook supplement which could also take in the GNW and perhaps this is something that might come out in the future.
Hope this helps?
Cheers
Dave
raif
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by raif » Tue May 13, 2014 2:05 pm

This sounds good! What do you think about the kuruc? Which list would you take for this fraction?
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed May 14, 2014 9:03 pm

raif wrote:This sounds good! What do you think about the kuruc? Which list would you take for this fraction?
I think the Tribal faction would also suit them but perhaps ignoring the special rules for drums and taking more recruit troops to represent all the peasants in their force.
Cheers
Dave