Moving AND shooting?

Dedicated to skirmishing with DONNYBROOK the new set of rules created by Clarence and Barry. Information on the rules, queries on play, battle reports, faction info, new ideas, painting tips, scenarios and chat for skirmish-adventure gaming 1660-1760.
raif
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Moving AND shooting?

Post by raif » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:24 am

Question - is it true that units or chars could move and shoot ( if they don't want to go to close combat in this activation phase) in one and the same activation? And there is no modifier if they move for the shooting?
quindia
General
General

Re: Moving AND shooting?

Post by quindia » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:58 am

That depends on the weapon. Models armed with bows may move and shoot during their turn. However, muskets and carbines are Move or Fire weapons meaning they cannot... err... move AND fire... :D.
raif
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by raif » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:01 am

quindia wrote:That depends on the weapon. Models armed with bows may move and shoot during their turn. However, muskets and carbines are Move or Fire weapons meaning they cannot... err... move AND fire... :D.
And whats about pistols?
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:33 am

I consider pistols to be much less cumbersome and did not apply the Move or Fire rule to them so yes, you may move and fire pistols.
raif
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by raif » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:16 pm

quindia wrote:I consider pistols to be much less cumbersome and did not apply the Move or Fire rule to them so yes, you may move and fire pistols.
ok. wow. so you can move, shoot and get to close combat in one activation with pistols. ok, i need a lot of figures with pistols in my list. :lol: with the right terrain with much cover. :twisted: