Crisis in Donnybrook???

Dedicated to skirmishing with DONNYBROOK the new set of rules created by Clarence and Barry. Information on the rules, queries on play, battle reports, faction info, new ideas, painting tips, scenarios and chat for skirmish-adventure gaming 1660-1760.
Renooij
Sergeant
Sergeant

Crisis in Donnybrook???

Post by Renooij » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:08 pm

Last saturday we attended Crisis at Antwerpen. The League Of Augsburg was present with one Donnybrook book (The Perry brothers had 8 for sale ;-( ) No game, no nothing. Too bad. We wanted to show our new characters (We bought a lot of them) but no Donnybrook advertisement or game being played. A bit sad ;-(
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Crisis in Donnybrook???

Post by barr7430 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Hello Renooij,

why did you not come to say hello? I was running a GNW game which was demo-ing a new set of rules from LoA. We only put 1 Donnybrook on the stand at a time but we had lots with us! Dave Thomas(Not Perry Miniatures.. Dave is their sales agent) also sells the book and he told me Donnybrook sales were very good at the show (nice!). I would have loved to have seem your characters but if you did come and show them, how could I? :?

I was very busy all day talking with interested gamers so I hope you understand. Setting up and running a game and a trade stand is a rather big job.. sometimes it is not possible to do everything

cheers

B
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Geudens
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Geudens » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:35 am

Sorry, Renooij, but I'm with Barry on this one. He was at his demo table all day long and if you wanted a chat, he was more than willing to oblige (as always :D ).

Rudi
Renooij
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Renooij » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:11 pm

We came to the stand and said hi :D

There was a pause moment at the game table (which looked very nice by the way) so we overlooked the miniatures and left after a couple of minutes because we did not see Barry. That, by the way, is no problem, we just would have loved to see more attention to the D-rulezzz

Greetings from Holland