Donnybrook ECW

Dedicated to skirmishing with DONNYBROOK the new set of rules created by Clarence and Barry. Information on the rules, queries on play, battle reports, faction info, new ideas, painting tips, scenarios and chat for skirmish-adventure gaming 1660-1760.
Bitbag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Donnybrook ECW

Post by Bitbag » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:14 pm

Hi all, and Happy New Year!

It's a bit of a long-winded project, though hopefully it will be finished in the next couple of months - but my efforts to take Donnybrook back to the mid 17th Century are still continuing. The latest offerings are here!

http://haveacare.blogspot.co.uk/

Many thanks for looking :)

Andy
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Donnybrook ECW

Post by barr7430 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:36 am

That is looking very fine Andy.. nice painting and lovely terrain and some creative touches on the markers!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Bitbag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Donnybrook ECW

Post by Bitbag » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:16 am

Cheers for the kind words Barry - I really appreciate them, as it keeps up the motivation!

This project is slowly getting there, and I've all kinds of ideas for factions etc, for the period, floating around in my head ( including some more cultish ones based on Conan Doyle!.......but definitely for the ECW period!). I must get some of them down on paper. :shock: This is a project that was originally only going to last a few months, and I had planned to continue with my LofA forces later this year; however I can see Donnybrook ECW taking up more time now! I've already collected more forces for a 1643 Siege of Reading based scenario, once my Covenanter/NMA stuff is done....and ideas for a 1645 scenario based around Naseby......and......and..... :D

I've also just added a new post about my NMA Faction Hero on the blog, and how he got his nickname of Bobby 'The Bob'! Donnybrook characters are definitely starting to take on personalities!

Cheers once again!
Andy

http://haveacare.blogspot.co.uk/