28mm buildings for a not-Plancenoit town?

All matters to do with gaming, painting and uniform information
ELK101

Re: 28mm buildings for a not-Plancenoit town?

Post by ELK101 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:21 pm

Wow, those layouts are fantastic Churchill.

I have a good few Hovels buildings and they are great for Napoleonic through to WWII. If you are looking for some generic style buildings there is also PCM Games who trades on Ebay in the UK. Postage might seem high but he always does good discounts for multiple items. I'm pretty sure he does post worldwide. They are mainly resin and supplied painted but I usually put a bit of extra detail on them such as ivy, staining, etc. The roofs all lift off and most of them have removable levels too. Some of them are scratchbuilt with resin roof sections and I usually rebase these on thick plasticard or MDF for extra support. I'd post a photo if I could figure out how, but you could easily search for them on ebay UK.
Ed Youngstrom
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Ed Youngstrom » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:18 am

I have some Peninsular stuff and a pontoon bridge from PCM, I think. Will take another look.

thanks,
Ed
tonyd
Private
Private

Post by tonyd » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:39 pm

The Hougomont setup is from my demo at Alumwell a few years ago although I do try to give it an airing every now and then.
As stated it is a Hovels model set up on a faux fur landscape. I use a very simple set of skirmish rules to refight the scrap at Hougomont and sometimes the French actually win!

Tony Dillon
Birmingham
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:32 pm

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tonyd
Private
Private

Post by tonyd » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:57 pm

Hi Ray
I'm flattered that you used the pics. I assume that your the Ray from the SOGG forums so maybe one day we'll meet up and play a Napoleonic game. Earlier in the year we met at Doncaster and had a good scrap and I still hope to lay on Waterloo in the near future so check out the SOGG site for any news.

http://www.societyofgentlemengamers.org ... =78&t=4031

Regards
Tony
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:07 pm

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
John Michael
Corporal
Corporal

Post by John Michael » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:32 pm

I might consider http://www.totalbattleminiatures.com/sk ... urope.html, their 15mm skirmish scale would work for 28mm, and their western europe range has some nice buildings which would work for a small town or village. They also have some town/village tiles that one could use to construct the town on. Here is a photo of the church in their range with 28 mm figures.

John