Prussian Landwehr

All matters to do with gaming, painting and uniform information
flags_of_war
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Prussian Landwehr

Post by flags_of_war » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:03 pm

I would love to say the camera makes them looks rubbish sadly i can't haha. Still having issues with the faces but ill keep trying. Any tips would welcomed :smt003
Duke of Plaza-Toro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Prussian Landwehr

Post by Duke of Plaza-Toro » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:43 pm

They look good to me.

(In spite of your camera's best attempts to ruin them :D )
In enterprise of martial kind, When there was any fighting, He led his regiment from behind -
He found it less exciting.

http://worldcrisisinminiature.wordpress.com/
flags_of_war
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by flags_of_war » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:20 pm

Duke of Plaza-Toro wrote:They look good to me.

(In spite of your camera's best attempts to ruin them :D )
Haha cheers. Spent £300 on a blopdy Canon SLR and not got a clue what to do with the thing :lol: :lol: :lol:
EvilGinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by EvilGinger » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:27 pm

Nice & I know what you mean about Camera's I did the same six years ago also on a Cannon & just sort of got the hang of mine when it had to go to the menders from whence it is yet to return.

I don't think you have a problem with faces as there is nothing wrong with those though I would not paint eyes on 28mm figures myself as they often look odd. Those on your figures don't as they look to be in shadow as they would be. I find it odd that in these days when figures have generally well sculpted faces many painters try to "improve" on the sculptors work and end up with something which looks like a clown with terminal goitre when flesh tone wash & lightly dry brush with flesh tone is mostly all that is needed.

:evil: Ginger
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Rob Herrick » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:03 pm

I think your landwehr look quite pretty.

Now, if you're not happy with your ability to paint faces, we can give you some pointers. However, we need to know what you're doing currently. So how do you paint faces, or since faces are just a subset of shading and detail work, how do you paint normally?
With Gen'l Custer Down in Mexico: Yes, one of the goals is to see how many times one can get him killed.