Interchangibility of Perry and Victrix plastics

All matters to do with gaming, painting and uniform information
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Interchangibility of Perry and Victrix plastics

Post by Rob Herrick » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:50 am

I'm contemplating purchasing a box of each and mixing things up to produce either Marie Louises for 1813-1814, or the mix of whatever was available issued to infantry for the 1815 campaign (as described by Elting). Ideally, I'd like to be able to have French infantry with both 1808 and 1812 regulation mixed together, with some head swaps to put forage caps, shako covers, or others on greatcoated figures and the like.

I'm pretty sure one of the guilty parties here has tried something similar, so how well do they mix?
With Gen'l Custer Down in Mexico: Yes, one of the goals is to see how many times one can get him killed.
14th Brooklyn
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Interchangibility of Perry and Victrix plastics

Post by 14th Brooklyn » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:27 am

I think it is a thorny issue. I had planned to do the same, but in the end decided against it. The mix of early and Bardin uniforms just did not look right to me and I guess you would only have found such a mix for a very short period of time. It would work out IMHO, if you just used the greatcoated men with the Victrix troops or Victrix in greatcoats (from the Guard sets) with the Perry without greatcoats.
What I personally do though is mix the heads from either set. This gives a lot of variety and breaks up the uniform look of the Perrys a lot. Otherwise I keep them all in unit of their own.

Cheers,

Burkhard
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Interchangibility of Perry and Victrix plastics

Post by Rob Herrick » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:39 pm

14th Brooklyn wrote:The mix of early and Bardin uniforms just did not look right to me and I guess you would only have found such a mix for a very short period of time.
My understanding is just the opposite; that the Bardin uniform was introduced slowly and even in 1815 you had eople wearing the older kit.
With Gen'l Custer Down in Mexico: Yes, one of the goals is to see how many times one can get him killed.