Borodino display

All matters to do with gaming, painting and uniform information
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Borodino display

Post by obriendavid » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:17 pm

Gents, I have been invited to the opening of this exhibition in Edinburgh and if you are in the city it will be worth a look. If you look at Gerry's website you can see lots of pics and info on his madness. :lol:
Cheers
Dave

The Scotland-Russia Forum requests the pleasure of your company at the opening of

Battle of Borodino1812 model diorama
at the Scotland-Russia Institute
9 South College Street
Edinburgh EH8 9AA

September 2012 saw the 200th anniversary of the epic Battle of Borodino. Immortalised in Tolstoy’s classic book ‘War & Peace’ and revered in Russia as the centrepiece of the war of 1812 against Napoleon’s Grande Armee, it saw one of the biggest clashes in military history involving over 280,000 troops.

We are exhibiting a remarkable scale model of the battle as well as a large number of copies of original documents from that time. The creator of the model, Gerry West, will be with us on Wednesday to explain the extraordinary detail it contains.

More information: www. borodino1812.co.uk

Exhibition open to the public from 26 September - 3 November 2012
Tue-Fri 11am-4pm, Sat 1.30-4pm
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Borodino display

Post by obriendavid » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:42 pm

Just watched an interesting documentary on Russia Today TV channel on the reenactment of the battle of Bo Rod In O as the Russians pronounce it. Some fantastic uniforms and equipment and it was also interesting to see how many nationalities took part and the beast was played by an American.
You can see some pics here on their Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/messages/?actio ... 410&type=3
and on the RT site.
http://rt.com/art-and-culture/news/napo ... odino-184/

Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:56 am

Oi Komradski 0'Brienski, you need to lay off the Putin TV channel and watch something more objective......... like FOX News :lol: :lol: :lol: (or is that just Fascist TV?).

Actually, I have been told by some American friends that Fox News is accepted by some folk as a bonafide news channel with real stories and not the CIA/ Neo Con Fantasy channel :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:39 am

Thanks for sharing Dave!
Very interesting even with the comments of this Scotish "Desert Fox" Ricochet :lol:
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:54 am

barr7430 wrote:Oi Komradski 0'Brienski, you need to lay off the Putin TV channel and watch something more objective......... like FOX News
Just doing some unbiased research for our Borodino refight in November.
If Fox News is good enough for Home Simpson it's good enough for me :wink:
Cheers
Dave
Greystreak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Greystreak » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:09 pm

Borodino refight in November??? :shock:

How did I miss that??? Do I need to send you any figures as reinforcements, Dave? :lol:
Bryce
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:19 pm

Yup Gunter.. the Fox is out in the sand once more..... heading west soon to Riyadh... the adventure continues(but this time I have my paint brushes with me :wink: )
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:42 pm

Went to the opening of the exhibition today and it's worth going to see if you are in Edinburgh, especially the copies of original documents supplied by the Russian Embassy. The correspondance between the various Russian Commanders was interesting to see, I just wish I could read French better. Had an intersting chat with the Russian Consul and had to correct him a number of times on his Russian history. :shock:
Cheers
Dave
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:23 am

obriendavid wrote:....Had an intersting chat with the Russian Consul and had to correct him a number of times on his Russian history. :shock:
Cheers
Dave
Yeah Dave,
It is the dilemma of our times that modern time people often have no interest in history even it is the history of their own country. This Russian Consul you met was choosen for political reasons not because of his knowledge of Russian History :wink:

Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.