french marine infantry

All matters to do with gaming, painting and uniform information
turrabear
Major General
Major General

french marine infantry

Post by turrabear » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:03 am

did the french marine infantry in 1813/14 have a 6 company battalion organisation . also did they have grenadier/voltigeur companies.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: french marine infantry

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:26 am

turrabear wrote:did the french marine infantry in 1813/14 have a 6 company battalion organisation . also did they have grenadier/voltigeur companies.
First of all I take it you are talking about the Marine Artillery men from the ships and costal artillery units, yes? Such like Régiment d'Artillerie de la marine?

http://www.napoleon-series.org/military ... cers2.html

As far as I know they had the 6 company formation but no Voltigeur and Grenadier Companies. Also Burkhard may have to say something about it as he posted here some of his painted units.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3754

Hope that helps,
Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Re: french marine infantry

Post by turrabear » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:05 am

sorry for the delay in replying . yes it was the regiment de artillerrie de marine that i was enquiring about. i just put marine infantry as if i rember correctly that is what they are listed as in nafzigers ob for lepzig. thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question.