old guard eagles

All matters to do with gaming, painting and uniform information
turrabear
Major General
Major General

old guard eagles

Post by turrabear » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:30 am

did the 1st battalion 2nd grenadiers and the 1st battalion 2nd chasseurs carry and eagle during the 1813/1814 campaign.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: old guard eagles

Post by Friedrich August I. » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:04 pm

turrabear wrote:did the 1st battalion 2nd grenadiers and the 1st battalion 2nd chasseurs carry and eagle during the 1813/1814 campaign.
Maybe that helps as a mainframe:

In 1810 the Imperial Guard was officially divided into Old, Middle Guard and Young Guard.
Only the 1st Regiment of Foot Grenadiers and 1st Regiment of Chasseurs carried Eagle.
The 2nd Grenadiers and 2nd Chasseurs, and all the regiments of Middle and Young Guard carried fanions.
The voltigeurs carried red fanions while the tirailleurs carried white ones.

to be found on this website:

http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com/IMPER ... _Imperiale

Hope that helps.
Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:07 pm

many thanks for taht . i got some victrix grenadiers and chasseurs on the cheap . so think i'll give them a paint some time in the new year.
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:20 am

i've jsut recived my victric old guard chassuers and grenadiers and they show a n eagle plus flag for both the 1st battalion 1st grenadiers and 1st battalion 2nd grenadiers as well as chasseuers .bit confused .com here.
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Rob Herrick » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:02 pm

turrabear wrote:i've jsut recived my victric old guard chassuers and grenadiers and they show a n eagle plus flag for both the 1st battalion 1st grenadiers and 1st battalion 2nd grenadiers as well as chasseuers .bit confused .com here.
The Old Guard had Eagles and standards. However, they were often not carried in the field, being left in the depot.

It's up to you. If you decide not to use them, several line regiments often had Eagle bearers wearing the bearskin, so the figures are still very useful.
With Gen'l Custer Down in Mexico: Yes, one of the goals is to see how many times one can get him killed.