The Light Division

All matters to do with gaming, painting and uniform information
quindia
General
General

The Light Division

Post by quindia » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:55 pm

I finished my 28mm Light Division project - 124 infantry and 3 command bases!

http://www.quindia.com/studiogallerynap.htm

Of course finished means I still want to add some cavalry and artillery support, but the actual Light Division as it was organized around 1810 is complete! :lol:
Tellus
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tellus » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:53 pm

Great job Clarence!And adding more stuff to the "finished" projects is an essential part of the hobby,I guess umh...no I'm sure :mrgreen:
big-gazza
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Location: Married with Children........in Strathaven, Scotland.

Post by big-gazza » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:19 am

Hi,
well I hate them. THer are really making it very dificult for me to hang on to my cash and get started in Naps.

Joking aside, they are fantastic. Only 2 weeks work!!!. About how many hours a day is it 20 or 22. Its taking me long enough to battery out a 50 strong WWII german platoon. Never mind the 200+ needed for naps (because lets face it what is the point of having Brits without a french army to face.)

I'm a big Sharpe fan as well (and yes the books are far better) so its good to see a unit based on them. I've also had a chance to watch a naps game with 2 great looking armys using Barrys rules. So its getting hard to keep focused on my WWII projects.

What figures did you use?

thanks

Gazza
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:51 am

The figures are 99% Frontrank, with a couple of Foundry thrown in to break up the monotony of poses among the rank and file. Don't get me wrong, Frontrank has a decent variation of poses, but 30-man units tend to get repetitive.

I am planning on using Foundry for my French because I already have 150+ of the buggers tucked away around here somewhere from an attaempt to do this kind of project several years ago.

I paint at a rate of three Napoleonic infantry or two cavarly a day, but I get distracted. This summer, I painted a pile of models for my Darkest Africa collection, a 15mm FOW army, and several ECW commissions before returning to my Light Division, which I started in January.
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:01 pm

Great job Clarence. With Napoleonics it's hard to maintain a consistently high standard with so many figures required. You have succeeded. Thanks for sharing your hard work with us all.

We should have upwards fo 4,000 painted 28mm Napoleonics on the table for our Waterloo game next month. We will try and get some really good photos which I hope Barry will have room to post on the site

Peter
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"