New Range

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
conflans
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New Range

Post by conflans » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:51 pm

Hello Barry;

I really like the new range and hope that it will be a Christmas present. I have several questons but will start with two. The marching musketeers are really animated and look like they are marching on the battlefield. The advancing pike that you have painted will go great but I am wondering if you have any pike marching with the pike angled back of the shoulder for a more "relaxed" unit look? Also, will cavalry be among the first releases?

Thanks,

Bob
janbruinen
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by janbruinen » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:02 am

Is there a date yet when they will come available?
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:47 am

Sorry guys, missed this original post with all my travelling :oops:

Some news:

We are currently 'quality reviewing' the poses. We will commission a marching relaxed pikeman as requested, it was on the cards.

The cavalry will be released with the infantry.. that is the plan. I have come to realise how involved such an enterprise is when it's just 1 or 2 guys doing it. It was/is the same story for Clarence and I with the books. If you are Foundry or Warlord or Battlefront you have staff, resources etc to simultaneously undertake a myriad of activities. When you are squeezing it in between a demanding day job, the publishing and other wargaming activities, it takes a little longer. I also want to get some great shots of units inthe new BLB so it is trying to strike a balance between all of this stuff that is the big challenge...

I have also be very busy totally renewing my entire Grand Alliance collection which means when the games roll out it will be a fresh and exciting look with lots of new stuff to get your teeth into. W also will start to think about next years's show circuit including Historicon..

Hope this helps.. still aiming for releases this year..

Oh and by the way.. there will be an all new website for LoA/Wordtwister and Warfare Miniatures
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
footslogger
Major
Major

Post by footslogger » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:30 pm

I think it would be great if you would come back to historicon. A question for you about participating in conventions or hosting events. Do you get more bang for you buck by hosting several small games at a convention or by doing a weekender?

*I* would prefer to participate in a weekender and am wondering if you come to Historicon next year if you could arrange what you do there more like a weekender than a series of small games. But I don't really know what you get more out of.
conflans
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by conflans » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:21 pm

Barry;

Glad to hear the news on all fronts. Any quick updates? By the way, I would also be interested in a weekend long game at Historicon if you can swing it.

Best regards,

Bob
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:07 am

Thanks for that vote of confidence guys much appreciated. Historicon was a short term 'cost' to both Clarence and I as of course there were airfares, gas, hotels etc involved. The is no payment by HMGS for appearing at the convention and we did it as an 'experience' and to promo the rules. Indirectly it had a very positive effect on rule adoption and sales.. so on all fronts it was a success.

I heard that there were' private' games run over the entire course of the convention and that perhaps some groups had a permanent set up somewhere. If this is possible then much longer and large games would be possible. Clarence and I were talking about next year on the phone a few days ago so I guess we can enquire of Bob Giglio what the options are. I for one would be happy to do a longer more involved scenario/set up.

As for an update on the range and book:

RANGE
I will post images of a complete unit either Sunday or Monday. We are now waiting on masters being produced for the artillery and Cavalry and also recasts of the corrections to the original prototypes. Spencer informs me that because of the cause-effect chain between ; sculptor:moulder:us that commercial models may not be available till January but maybe we can have loads more images and start preordering before then. I'll let you chaps be the judge of the look of a unit tomorrow.

Seriously, you can't be as impatient as we are! :wink:

BOOK
Waiting for me to do lots of shots this week. We probably won't hold back for included photos of the new range on the table but will include many single model shots in the uniform guides and around the text. Investigating currently issues of hard cover etc.

It's coming!

Cheers

Henry Ford
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by CoffinDodger » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:37 am

barr7430 wrote:Investigating currently issues of hard cover etc.
Hallelujah!

Jim :lol:
“I can assure you, Gentlefolk, they look better from a distance."
Jim O'Neill.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:24 am

don't get too excited yet Jim.. just investigating the hard cover. May be too expensive.
:lol:

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:35 pm

OK.. POSTED FIRST PIC OF THE FIRST FULL UNIT FINISHED IN THE GALLERY NOW...

Henry Ford
footslogger
Major
Major

Post by footslogger » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:04 pm

I don't see it. But it did make me go through the galleries of painted figs there and I must say nice figs and nice brushwork!
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:48 pm

GO TO THE HOMEPAGE, RIGHT HAND SIDE - LATEST ADDITIONS.. TOP LINK Regiment Piemont

Henry Ford
kustenjaeger

Post by kustenjaeger » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:07 pm

Barrie

Very nice. Your painting is brilliant as always. I like the poses too.

Regards
Edward
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:42 pm

That's a great looking unit Barry! I'm looking forward to seeing more and using them in battle.
Cheers
Dave
yar68
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by yar68 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:14 pm

Very nice, I like the blonde fellow with stubble on the left!!
footslogger
Major
Major

Post by footslogger » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:29 pm

Very nice!