Blenheim OOB

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Blenheim OOB

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:38 pm

karamustafapasha wrote:Friedrich August I/Gunter,

The Imperial infantry at Blenheim were actual part of Marlborough's army and lent to Eugene for the battle. All the actual Imperialist infantry was either with Baden or in garrison/other duties.

The Saxons had fought in this area in earlier campaigns but they went home in May 1704. Most of them fought in the GNW campaign in Poland in 1704.
Thank You!

that is my knowledge too :D Knowing this I will do two "wings", Prince Eugene's at Blenheim AND the one I showed in the Help Section.
Thanks for Your thoughts.

Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:06 pm

Hi Ray,

just found this OOB which may be of interest for you too:

http://www.digam.net/?dok=3655

Best Wishes,
Günter

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:11 pm

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:42 pm

Hi Ray,

Thank You. That makes sence.
Yes, the term Imperialst means troops from Austria but also from the Holy Roman Empire. (The Emperor was a powerless figurehead, the real power was held by the Electors). So most of us are talking of them as Imperialists.
The WSS was in Austria first called The Palatinate War of Succession or in german "Der Pfälzische Erbfolgekrieg" and after that the WSS or Spanischer Erbfolgekrieg.

Cheers,
Günter
P.S.: Thanks for the PM :D

karamustafapasha
Corporal
Corporal

Post by karamustafapasha » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:51 pm

The 18 battalions of Prussians and Danes that were in Eugene's wing at Blenheim were all in British/Dutch pay and in Marlborough's army in 1703 & indeed up until the battle.

The battalions/squadrons under Goor were also technically part of the British/Dutch army and were paid by them. But they had been sort of lent to Baden in 1703. So even if they were the 18 units with Eugene they would still be lent units, but just lent at an earlier time.

The units with Goor in 1703 and afterwards were various Dutch and assorted Germans units, including 2 Prussian battalions. On a quick look most of these fought at Blenheim but as part of Marlborough's or were not in the field army's in 1704. The 2 Prussian units with Goor in 1703 were the Wulffen and Varennes battalions who attacked Oberglauheim with other parts of Marlborough's army.

The series of articles in the Arquebusier magazine in the Help part of the forum has more details of the 1703 campaign and Goor's force.
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:34 pm

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:55 pm

Churchill wrote:You seem to be missing the point, the "Imperialist" troops that Gunter first mentioned, were the Austrian contingent under Prince Eugene's command.
I already knew about the Prussian & Danish troops being under British & Dutch pay, but these are not classed as Imperialist troops!!!

Ray,

To bring this fruitless discussion in another direction may I ask You about your opinion if those Prussian/Danish Foot and Mounted Units would have had worn the Tricorn or the broad brimmend hat?

Your Answer helps me to decide between Ebor and WFM :wink:

Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:17 am

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:38 pm

Hi Ray,

While waiting for the arrivel of the R. Hall Cd's I would like to ask you if you may give a little help with the Prussian Regiments I intend to do. So do it step by step I going the ladder down starting with the underlined

General, the Prince of Anhalt-Dessau 11 Battalions
1st Line: Major General Fink’s Brigade (6 Btns Prussian)
Crown Prince (2 Btns),
Margraf Ludwig (2 Btns)
Anhalt-Dessau (2 Btns)

Figures to be used are Ebor Miniatures wearing Tricornes.
FR are loveley of course but as you said a bit to large for my liking.

Any Info you are able to share is welcome.

Btw., any new shots about the Hessian's of yours?

Cheers,

Günter

Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:07 pm

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:34 pm

Churchill wrote:Hi Gunter,

All I can give you is a rough discription as follows...

Regiment Kronprinz raised in 1675
Man: Coat & waistcoat blue ; Cuffs & linings crimson ; Neck cloth & stockings red ; Breeches leather ; Buttons brass ; Hat border yellow ; Buttonholes sewn with white thread ; Pouch black with a red edge on the lid. (Neck cloth later became black and then white)
Grenadier : As man, but with Cap red ; Sack blue ; Pompom yellow ; Coat with lace & embroidery.
Sergeant : As man, but with gold hat border & around the cuffs ; breeches & stockings blue.
Drummer : As man, but with 2 vertical & 7 horizontal yellow lace lines on coat sleeves ; Drum body blue ; Rims of red & white diagonal stripes.
Officer : Coat & waistcoat blue with red lining ; Cuffs blue with gold border ; Lace & buttonholes gold ; Stockings & waist sash white.

Cheers,

Ray.
Hi Ray,

Yes, You did tell me about the pdf but I thought if I ask very friendly you may be able to give me a rough description...and so it is :D

Thank You very much!

Cheers,
Günter